how much can be run on 125amp alt?

i am upgrading my system and i have decided to get 2 skar vvx 12s and i want to run some good power and get them moving a bit. i drive a 99 audi a4 and the alt puts out 125 amps, how much power can i run with this? and a big 3 done as well. i am thinking of getting a brz series amp from hifonics to start with until i save up for something better!

no more than 2000w. once you reach a tad under that range, i suggest you upgrade the underhood/trunk (wherever it is on your car) battery

okay 2000rms? just to be clear. and i plan on trying to relocate my battery into my trunk and get a yellow top or something cause they dont make one for under the hood:/

optima sucks.

you should find a different company that makes a battery that fits in your car. like xs power, etc.

they do? i didnt know that, and the battery will do just fine starting? cause i have some piece of shit duralast in there now and it isnt more than a year old and it cant keep up to well, maybe i should run the car while i play but gas is spendy:D

i should mention i dont play that long with it off! no more than 5 mins

Edited by ILoveBass21

i run 80 amp alt big 3 done and a G51 stock battery with a whopping 310 cranking amps.

sk-1500.1 amp tuned with 0db DD-1 (thanks carlos)

drop to about 13.5 full tilt at 2,250rpm on the freeway doing exactly 69mph.

as far as what kranny said, you could probably swing 2k-2500W with an ACCEPTABLE amount of voltage drop.

after you get an aftermarket battery such as XS power, you should see around the 13V range IMO.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i can run my jeep full tilt with my diablo at 1 ohm and my 4 channel going and only drop to 13.3 with no big 3 and a stock battery

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.