Sonic Electronix

Chances are it's a combination of box design and amp settings.

'Prefab' boxes are usually too small and tuned too high with too little port area.

For the amp: Turn the phase and bass boost levels all the way down. See if you can find someone around you with a dd-1/oscilloscope and a cc-1 to help you set the gain, lpf, and subsonic.Go here and use the map to find someone close to you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/137758-smd-audio-tools-map/

Post back with your maximum dimensions and what vehicle this is going in along with your listening style. Either me or someone else will help you with a box design that will be worlds better than the prefab.

Nope. No phase or bass boost. It is easy to clip with bass boost as it makes one frequency louder than the others, so you may not be clipping at say 45hz or 35hz, but you will be at 40hz. If you don't know, clipping is what happens when an amp is overdriven (gain turned up too much) and begins to send a dc signal to the sub instead of a/c - causing distortion and heat.

Phase is something that you won't benefit from. Just turn it to zero.

Could you post the maximum length, width, and depth of the trunk/you are willing to lose? Keep in mind that sometimes you are limited by the size of the trunk opening and not the internal dimensions of the trunk itself ;)

He could but there are other problems as well, like running both filters, at the same frequency supposedly

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

You didn't try setting BASSBOOST to a LOWER frequency...? It goes to 30 in that picture, the gain would have to be set top where the higher frequencies arent as loud, but you'd have more low...

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

some amps like high input low gain settiing to play low

Really, why is that?

Can I turn my gain up?

Not without knowing if you are clipping(overdriving the amp). Quick clarification on the gain knob: It is not a volume knob. It is the input sensitivity - the ratio between input and output voltage. You could be at 1/4 gain and have full potential out of the amp or you could be at 7/8ths gain and have full potential. It depends and there is no way of accurately knowing without tools. Follow the link I gave you above and see if there is anyone near you with the proper tools ;)