Second Skin Audio

2 FACE D PORT UP OR 2 FACE D PORT BACK....THAT IS D QUESTION

In a 98 Tahoe I plan on going with (2) BTL 18's the dual 1ohms with all the upgrades and (2) Autotek MM4000.1D amps. For a daily driver I was told to do an enclosure that is 18ft3 that has 200sq" of port tuning it to 33hz (really 14ft3 but after port and speaker displacement its 18ft3). Im going to do 2 seperate chambers with 100sq" of port each to help with bracing and sound quality. So it will be 2 ports actually. I'll more than likely face the subs upwards but I dont know if I should face the ports up as well or face the ports backwards towards the rear door. Any suggestions on which way?

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

yeh that is kinda big. what happened to 3 - 5  cubic ft per sub? hope it sounds great though

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

for the 18 with all the ugrades he said I could go as low as 5cubed each but he said I would really really see em get nasty in 7cubed each. 2 with the ports and speaker displacement adds up to 18ft3 for both combined. which would be 9cubed each. I thought it was kinda big too considering I could fit 4 15btls in that same enclosure but dats what he gave me.

ok, I see your a lil bit confused on how the internal is figured

you dont add the port and sub volume to the box you deduct it.

like the box i just built, it was 10.4 cubes before I put in the port and subz and it was 8 cubes after port and subs added.

myself personally, I wouldnt go anymore than 6 cube per 18 (after port and sub displacement.)

ok, I see your a lil bit confused on how the internal is figured

you dont add the port and sub volume to the box you deduct it.

like the box i just built, it was 10.4 cubes before I put in the port and subz and it was 8 cubes after port and subs added.

myself personally, I wouldnt go anymore than 6 cube per 18 (after port and sub displacement.)

I think I am a lil confused. He told me 7ft3 each with 100sq" of port each. So if I do it subtracting the displacement I would get......14ft3 "minus" speaker and port=10ft3/5ft3 each does that sound about right?