Ok so I'm getting conflicting answers on if this is the correct way to wire.

i would add 1/0 to the big 3 but i wouldnt take the 2 gauge out..its already ran no sense in taking it out

Why would you bottle neck a system filled with 1/0 by running 2 times smaller wire for the longest and most important run of the install?

Its stock 2 gauge...and all the 2 gauge wire is only from alt back to trunk to main batt. there are no batteries under the hood.

OP your pics arent showing because you didnt listen to what i said. use the IMG link that photofuckit gives you. thats the only one you're supposed to use. again, use the link with the IMG tag in it. copy and paste to here.

i would add 1/0 to the big 3 but i wouldnt take the 2 gauge out..its already ran no sense in taking it out

Why would you bottle neck a system filled with 1/0 by running 2 times smaller wire for the longest and most important run of the install?

2 gauge isnt 2 times smaller...LOL. silly noob

When did the Big 3 become the most important part of an install?

Its stock 2 gauge...and all the 2 gauge wire is only from alt back to trunk to main batt. there are no batteries under the hood.

The big 3 isn't the most important part....but your longest run of wire is. The longer the run the less amperage the wire is able to carry. So when you have the alt under the hood and the main battery in the trunk ALONG with 2-3 more batteries you are going to want to use the largest wire there not from battery to battery or battery to amp.

and the 2 gauge being ran next to the 1/0 isnt going to bottle neck anything.. the current will go through both of them.. and adding the ground he said in the back like he said isnt going to hurt anything either.. being grounded is important as anything bad grounds are the cause of prolly more problems than anything

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

if the stock battery is in the trunk, and there is a run of stock 2 gauge going from the alt to the stock batt in the back, you have to upgrade that to 0 gauge.

That's what I've been saying...

I didn't read anything before my comment about the main battery being in the trunk. On mobile so I could have missed it, my bad.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

So the agreement between all here. is to run 0 gauge from alt back aswell as the 2 gauge. That will keep my volts steady? or I need bigger alt too? I figured 140 or 160 is big enough. whichever I have. I mean my stereo isnt huge by any means at all...

Archived