Ok so I'm getting conflicting answers on if this is the correct way to wire.

Group 31? Explain that please.

Big batteries to put it simply

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Polk DB651 in front doors

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

One 12" Cadence Ultra 6ohm

Group 31? Explain that please.

batteries are listed in Groups. groups are sizes of batteries. group 31's are, from what i've seen, the largest batteries that you see installed in cars from factory.

but that doesn't mean that people dont install like 2 foot wide semi-trailer batteries in their cars, cause it does happen.

here's a chart with a shit ton of different battery group sizes and their dimensions http://www.rtpnet.or...a/bcigroup.html

I'd say it's probably closer to 25-30a for charging the batteries. And at it's peak the amp will draw 150 amps if they are available. How often are you maxing out a car audio amplifier when just riding around?

...the amp doesn't look at your electrical system and go "oh, theres only 40 amps i can use up before the alternator is outputting 100% power, i better only take that much then." no. amps are stupid. they do what you tell them to do. if you drive them into clipping, they'll clip til they protect or blow. if you drop the voltage, they'll just pull more amperage to compensate for it (depending on the amp technology, that is).

If there isn't any more amperage to give then the amp is only going to run on what is available. It will start with the batteries, and once they are drained it will try to pull on the alternator. But it's not going to transfer the full amount of amperage from alternator to amplifier because the batteries are going to be soaking some of it up trying to charge themselves. And by that point I would hope the amp would go into protect. But in the ops case he really isn't seeing a huge voltage drop, so upgrading the charge wire should get him by for the time being until he can get a decent battery and eventually a bigger alt. Not quite sure why this has turned into such a cluster fuck.

I see, Ok so I'm going to upgrade/ add 0 gauge under hood. I still would like to find a bigger alt. But all the companies I've called/emailed don't make one for my car. And the local auto electric shop says they can't beef mine up. So I'm kinda stuck there I guess.

I see, Ok so I'm going to upgrade/ add 0 gauge under hood. I still would like to find a bigger alt. But all the companies I've called/emailed don't make one for my car. And the local auto electric shop says they can't beef mine up. So I'm kinda stuck there I guess.

you've called mechman and dc power? what car do you have?

and LOL photo, car stereos pull power from both the alternators and batteries. its not one then the other. its both at the same time.

you've called mechman and dc power? what car do you have?

and LOL photo, car stereos pull power from both the alternators and batteries. its not one then the other. its both at the same time.

Is what I'm typing really that hard to understand? We were just talking about worse case scenario when the amplifier is needing more than the electrical system has to offer. If an amplifier is pulling too much and drains the batteries because the alt cannot keep up how is the amp going to pull off both the alternator and battery at the same time. The amp is hooked up to the battery bank which is being charged by the alternator. Batteries go dead, alt has to charge batteries and provide amperage to the amplifier.

Is what I'm typing really that hard to understand? We were just talking about worse case scenario when the amplifier is needing more than the electrical system has to offer. If an amplifier is pulling too much and drains the batteries because the alt cannot keep up how is the amp going to pull off both the alternator and battery at the same time. The amp is hooked up to the battery bank which is being charged by the alternator. Batteries go dead, alt has to charge batteries and provide amperage to the amplifier.

Your advice is terrible in here. Power gets pulled from the alt. Then batteries act as a buffer. Ever wonder why its called reserve power? Jesus.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Your advice is terrible in here. Power gets pulled from the alt. Then batteries act as a buffer. Ever wonder why its called reserve power? Jesus.

I know how a DC charging system works, and if you could read you would see that I was talking about when excessive amperage was being pulled to the point that the batteries (A.K.A reserve) was depleted. The alt will still try to charge the batteries at the same time as powering the amplifier which will worsen the situation. Perhaps in my previous posts I didn't do a great job of wording my thoughts.

I know how a DC charging system works, and if you could read you would see that I was talking about when excessive amperage was being pulled to the point that the batteries (A.K.A reserve) was depleted. The alt will still try to charge the batteries at the same time as powering the amplifier which will worsen the situation. Perhaps in my previous posts I didn't do a great job of wording my thoughts.

Technically its an AC generator, ever wonder why they are called alternators? Just sayin, haha.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived