New Components. Brands? Placements?

Torres

alright...so i got a crazy hair the other day and just started workin on my doors. what i'm wanting to do is put a set of 6.5" components in each door. i want somethin that sounds decent but cheap. i dont wanna go and spend a fortune on a set. less than 200 a possibility? i dno what brand sounds best for the price. how does MB Quart sound? i was lookin into the ESA-216 model or RVF-216 model. what other brands are good? boston acoustics? memphis? focal? i was leaning towards some focals but may be kinda pricey.

also...i was reading a thread about placement. should i put the woofer and the tweeter in the door, and the midrange in the pillar for best sound? i was thinkin maybe running 3 pairs of smaller speakers, but if that's the case with the pillar, then i think i'd be better off with the 6.5's so i'm not fillin my pillar up with mids :unsure: unless i get a 2 way system. and angles make a big difference? read that you want the speaker on the driver side aimed at the passenger, and vice versa. dont wanna get my panels done only to find out i screwed up somewhere :( like i said, first time dealin with some components. usually kept changing out subs left n right and never had enough focus on the speakers. hook a brotha up! :D

so i been lookin...may just get a 2 way setup.

Edited by ExpoSport

I have heard a pair of Polk db-series components and they sounded good, and got pretty loud. Also heard the Hertz components Chevyboy has, and they sounded really good, and got loud, but I dont know what series he has, or the price.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

hmmm i'll check into the polk

here they are on woofers etc. I know you can find them cheaper, but it has some info on them.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...