Second Skin Audio

Mtx Mzs1204 Review & Enclosure Build

Single 4, it is getting about 666 RMS, with the gains almost at nil. The sub I tested was defective, spider wasn't attached to the basket, the one I replaced it with has a red cone, new this year I believe. I built the box to spec, well what MTX recommended and I think that my P212 was much louder. I will be building a sealed enclosure for this sub just so that my fiance can have more trunk room but this sub doesn't awe me one bit.

Yeah thats weird because every car I've heard with mtx and all people I've talked to with them like them. I heard a 7500 that is older and has a sliced surround and it pounded. I only put one channel of my p550.2 rockford to it and it sounded good. Box was hoopty though so I imagine it'd sound even better. Maybe you'll like it more with a sealed box...???

Yeah thats weird because every car I've heard with mtx and all people I've talked to with them like them. I heard a 7500 that is older and has a sliced surround and it pounded. I only put one channel of my p550.2 rockford to it and it sounded good. Box was hoopty though so I imagine it'd sound even better. Maybe you'll like it more with a sealed box...???

I think the problem I am having is that I am used to more power, my T2 cripples me and takes 1600+ all day, my fiance is starting to dislike the MTX as well now. I will definitely build a sealed enclosure for her before she changes her mind about MTX alltogether. I agree, I hear many people worship MTX but I also hear people talk about their XPLODES walking all over other subwoofers. I like how my T2 can get low, the MTX just doesn't do it for me, nor my fiance. I will not suggest this subwoofer to anyone, if I were to suggest something in this price range it would be the P3 when they go on sale, lots of bass, lots of lows, more power, more excursion I believe as well, and a vented pole piece.

In the next few days I will be able to build the sealed enclosure with pictures of the new MTX, we will see if I can do a better job with the pictures.

I think the problem I am having is that I am used to more power, my T2 cripples me and takes 1600+ all day, my fiance is starting to dislike the MTX as well now. I will definitely build a sealed enclosure for her before she changes her mind about MTX alltogether. I agree, I hear many people worship MTX but I also hear people talk about their XPLODES walking all over other subwoofers. I like how my T2 can get low, the MTX just doesn't do it for me, nor my fiance. I will not suggest this subwoofer to anyone, if I were to suggest something in this price range it would be the P3 when they go on sale, lots of bass, lots of lows, more power, more excursion I believe as well, and a vented pole piece.

In the next few days I will be able to build the sealed enclosure with pictures of the new MTX, we will see if I can do a better job with the pictures.

and the thing bout the vented pole piece it acually has one but its vinted threw the cone at the spider, mine has holes in it around the bottom of the cone to let the air threw its acually wierd but seems to work, it makes me happy n my friends say it sounds really good n clean i'll make a vid of it n see how that turns out, but to each there own, ive had a set of subs that sounded like shit in one vehicle and pwned in another, anywho good luck wit ur mtx n glad fiance is happy :D;)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I was really happy with the old MTX's I had, I had two of the 5500 dual 4-ohm 15's on a 600 watt infinity amp and I paid $230 shipped off ebay and in a prefab box with that amp in my explorer i hit 138.4 so i can't complain, not a high number but for the price i was satisfied.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

I saw that, kind of a backwords vent. I don't see it working that well because the air has nowhere to go after it gets in, so back out it goes and at that point it won't allow any air back in. I know what you mean about it sounding bad in one car and great in another, I love the sound in a hatchback and can't stand the rattling trunk in a sedan.

I was really happy with the old MTX's I had, I had two of the 5500 dual 4-ohm 15's on a 600 watt infinity amp and I paid $230 shipped off ebay and in a prefab box with that amp in my explorer i hit 138.4 so i can't complain, not a high number but for the price i was satisfied.

i think its just the series of the mtx line thats a pos but i still got an old road thunder 10 that i cant seem to blow if i wanted to lol, and my old set of mtx 4000 10's ina 2cf sealed 2chamber box i built fukin wanged off one of those cheap walmart vr3 400w 4ch, i think its just the line thats the pos, maby try another one, the road thunders to 5500's are for low power setups n 7500 and up are for high power ported i think, the 4500 dual 4ohm 15's i had ina prefab with a mtx 500d pushin 775w rms to em it sounded loud as hell and clean to and played deep, but i think u might have to much power to it ied try somethin with around 300-450w for it, im powerin mine with 200w over rms and they take it like a champ but the old mtx 6000 single 4ohms i had just a while back was the shit but didn't seem to hit as clean as the 5500's do, but if u want to dominate it with mtx get the 8000 series i had a 8000 12 powered with a 500w boss amp and it was wangin ina lil sealed box i built for my old audiobahns and it wrecked, but anywho ied get the p3 my old 12'' rf punch hx2's didn't like sealed boxs they wanted to over excursion to much but ied build a lil ported box for the p3 with sub back port side n see how that works out should be fine or an angled sealed box downfire with atleast 2-3in off floor prolly 1.5-2cf should work good thats what ive got now i think for my 15's n it should sound nice and has some good lows to n real tight highs, lol hope this helps man but as much as i like my mtx's my old cerwin vega vmaxx 12's pwned them pretty bad n they can be had for like $120 each i think mine was the old ones with red surround, ied get that she'ed like it im sure and they'll handle 800w each so ur amp should work good with it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Coming from a t2 to a less than hundred dollar mtx is kind of unfair! Can't say there would be much to compare that to unless it was say a mtx 9500 or 2 of them...I see why you aren't happy! How come she isn't happy or getting a little unhappy? I thought she didn't want too much just a little anyways!!! Build that box and let us know...I know they recommend using poly fill in a bunch of the sealed boxes...what does the manual on it say about that?

Archived