Second Skin Audio

Looking For Input On Airspace And Port Tunning For A 15" Memphis Mojo On 1.5k

Im building the trunk of a customers show car that we already did the interior of and Im going to use the new version mojo 15 that comes out on the 15th and a memphis 1.5k amp... The sub is going to be glassed into the floor using the spare tire well and above it for airspace. Iv already calculated that I have 4 cuft, maybe a little more if needed to play with and I want this thing to pound as mush as an all glass enclosure can! What are your suggestions on tunning the port to make it the loudest. A memphis tech told me with 4cu ft and 3- 4" ports 17" long would tune it to 40hz and be pretty loud.

Thanks for any input

Jose

Im building the trunk of a customers show car that we already did the interior of and Im going to use the new version mojo 15 that comes out on the 15th and a memphis 1.5k amp... The sub is going to be glassed into the floor using the spare tire well and above it for airspace. Iv already calculated that I have 4 cuft, maybe a little more if needed to play with and I want this thing to pound as mush as an all glass enclosure can! What are your suggestions on tunning the port to make it the loudest. A memphis tech told me with 4cu ft and 3- 4" ports 17" long would tune it to 40hz and be pretty loud.

Thanks for any input

Jose

If anyones interested I can add a few photos tonight of what Iv done so far on this build

If anyones interested I can add a few photos tonight of what Iv done so far on this build

please do.

40 hertz is decent but i like closer to 35.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

my experiences, 4cf-4.5cf is perfect for them Mojos

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.