Sonic Electronix

Chevy TrailBlazer Owners! HU wiring ??s

Hey guys, I am about to put in a 7" DVD Touchscreen in my Wife's 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. It is also getting a 5.1 processor as well- no external amps, just what the HU and Processor have.

What am I about to get into as far as Head Unit harnesses go? I really only need power, ground and switched on to the HU, as I will be running new speaker wires anyway. My question is this: should I just wire it up myself or is there an easy/inexpensive Harness I can use? The usual stuff (stores and Google) aren't really coming up with any winners so far.

Vehicle Info:

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer

Regular Stereo (not Bose)

Has On-Star, but we don't use it.

Any help or experience is appreciated!

546553_2555029173321_1820349796_n.jpg

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

The processor have wire inputs and outputs? I guess Im confused how youre going to use the processor without any external amps.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Yeah, it works with the head unit. They talk to each other.

The Processor has a built in amp for the 5 surround channels.

So far, the only thing turning up is that I need a GM Class 2 Data Bus harness. Otherwise the vehicle will loose chime and light settings.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

There is a harness out there, its been so long i couldnt give you a part number. I did buy it at pep boys though, maybee 15 bucks or so.. Also you will need to run an accesory wire from the fuse box under the back seat. there isn't one in the exsisting wire harness. I used a fuse tap, was very easy install. google fuse tap and check out the images. as far as keeping chimes/lights and steering wheel function you can look into a axxess interface module. they have everything you need to keep all the functions.

Edited by Bmike

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Cool. That is what I was thinking I was going to have to do with the accessory wire. Well- from what I have read at least. I am going to end up running an 8 awg power run from the battery to the head unit and processor anyway.

I don't have any problems running wires, I just want to be sure the car doesn't go all crazy. I've seen some stuff out there that says all kind of warning lights go crazy. I want it to be close to factory as possible... just an aftermarket HU. Freakin' Chevy making stuff difficult. lol

Thanks on the Axxess Interface Module suggestion- I will check it out.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Like this one from SONIC?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17325_Axxess-LC-GMRC-01.html

lcgmrc01.jpg

Like $40, comes with the chime and bla bla bla.... Says it fits this year TrailBlazer. Look about right?

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

yeah something like that, there is a difference though , the sonic one only does chimes and lights, and axxess offers one that controls chimes/ lights and steering wheel control, also the one from sonic i think needs to be programmed, not very difficult just a pain in the butt, the axxess one i believe is pre programmed and cost more.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Bmike - I just looked at your signature and saw you are using the Pioneer P4300 DVD. The one I am going to use is the 4100, Along with the matching Pioneer 5.1 processor.

Did you have to do anything special with the bezel around the Head Unit or did it work without modifying it?

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel