Sonic Electronix

Sedan, trunk sealed, Subs firing up in back seats question.

If I used a piece of mdf & big gap filler, etc... Pretty much anything I could to seal my trunk off from the rest of my car, could I remove my back seats and build a box in the back of my car, almost as if it were a truck?

Would there still be cancellation?

Is it not even worth trying?

I'd like to throw 2 15s in the back of my car, as 12s are getting boring to me.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

i've wondered this myself, and i've never gotten a straight answer from anyone. the general answer was, "what?" or "you can't take one build and put it in another" (< i knowthat -_-) but i got one answer that said if you do that, port it through the rear deck and seal it off, so that leads my to believe part of the box should be in the trunk and the other part where the removed seats are.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

i've wondered this myself, and i've never gotten a straight answer from anyone. the general answer was, "what?" or "you can't take one build and put it in another" (< i knowthat -_-) but i got one answer that said if you do that, port it through the rear deck and seal it off, so that leads my to believe part of the box should be in the trunk and the other part where the removed seats are.

Yeah, it's hard to get straight answers here sometimes.

The only thing that prevents me from attempting this is having that space behind the box ( the gap between the back window & rear deck ) causing some sort of cancellation.

It'd be awesome if someone here has tried this & has info on it.

While I wait for more posts, I'll try caco and post back if I find out any useful information.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

it's easy to get straight answers. but because it's a confusing question along with something that i haven't seen or heard about anyone doing it leads to a lot of unknown factors. but you can't remove the rear deck as that's the support for the back glass. that's why i was thinking 2 15s sub up, ported through rear deck with 2 6" aero's or whatever would be ideal based on build. you'd allow for more air space than what's available in the trunk. but it shouldn't cause "cancelation" more along the lines of, will it sound like shit and not be loud, or will it be vise versa.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

it's easy to get straight answers. but because it's a confusing question along with something that i haven't seen or heard about anyone doing it leads to a lot of unknown factors. but you can't remove the rear deck as that's the support for the back glass. that's why i was thinking 2 15s sub up, ported through rear deck with 2 6" aero's or whatever would be ideal based on build. you'd allow for more air space than what's available in the trunk. but it shouldn't cause "cancelation" more along the lines of, will it sound like shit and not be loud, or will it be vise versa.

So, ports are going through the rear deck. Are the subs in the trunk or in the back seats? Or are they through the rear deck as well?

Just trying to make sure we're somewhat on the same page.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

subs would be in the back seat, ported through the rear deck, and the box would go into the trunk as well to maximize space. but the only way to get the answer would be to test it out. i plan on doing it at some point

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

I dont seem a problem with it. Alot less cabin space probably need alot of power to have fun with it

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Archived