Second Skin Audio

Fi BTL 18" N2 Ported Box

Hey guys I have a new design for my 18. The current box in my car has around 6.9 cu ft net and 13.66 sq inches of port tuned to 31.3 htz

The new box will be bigger. 7.9 cu ft net with 16.0 sq inches of port per foot. This will be my second box build. I am not sure about the port per foot sq inches. Tuning for this big box is around 31.5 htz. Is it good to have a lot of port area per foot for lows or should I bump down to 12 sq inches of port area per foot?? I am not sure. Any help and tips are much appreciated. Here it is in Torres,

btlbox.png

Edited by goldeneye4564

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

BTL's don't need that big of a box. How much power are you running?

Also, the tuning is pretty low as is, no need to tune any lower. more port area slightly higher tuning > less port area slightly lower tuning.

oh and inb4 Joe X lol

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

oh and inb4 Joe X lol

I was just following the tech section on there website. So you don't think it would be much of a change then the box I am currently using? I am very curious to try, also I fucked up that screen shot forgot to add the double baffle doing it now lol.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

Also, the tuning is pretty low as is, no need to tune any lower. more port area slightly higher tuning > less port area slightly lower tuning.

oh and inb4 Joe X lol

Running an audioque 2200 which has blown up twice....... LOL..... still sounds just as good as when I bought it new though.

AND LOL WE ARE BEATING JOE

Edited by goldeneye4564

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

depending on how much power you're running i'd do like 10in^2 more port.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

depending on how much power you're running i'd do like 10in^2 more port.

audioque 2200 Im not sure if they do rated but it doesnt matter. Around 2k watts I think! So with the same cu ft and 10in^2 more port? So like 136 in^2 of port instead? :)

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Okay, your port area is probably alright then. Add the extra port are if you want.

Good luck with your amp though lol

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Okay, your port area is probably alright then. Add the extra port are if you want.

Good luck with your amp though lol

LOL AMP IS A CHAMP LOVES IT

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

We're like 30 seconds out of sync here lol

it's fine. Just gonna mock up the box and see if she will fit in my Accent lol.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low