Sonic Electronix

2 channel amp to 4 speakers?

I currently have an old school frontier 200 watt 2 channel amp running my rear 6x9s. I have the front 6.5s just running off my pioneer h/u. I have noticed I have plenty of power I'm not utilizing out of my amp. Can I hook up my rear speakers to one channel and my front speakers to the other? The reason I haven't done so yet is because I like to utilize my fader on my h/u to make a more sorrounding sound feel. I just want louder all aruund now and to be able to hear more of the high end over the bass.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Yes you can. The amp will be running 2 ohm stereo but you will loose the stereo. You have two options. Run both sets of left on one channel and salvage balance or run fronts on one channel rears on the other and have fader.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I know this is off topic, but how do you like the KS series from Kicker? I was going to run some in my car...

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

I know this is off topic, but how do you like the KS series from Kicker? I was going to run some in my car...

You know, I really like them. I know they aren't the cleanest sounding speakers ever, but they handle power very efficiently and even off the hu alone they sound great. I have had them in there for over a year now and they still sound just as good as new, whereas I have gone through 2 sets of clarions and other speakers on the exact same power in half the time lol.

And just to clarify, this amp is an old hand me down. I have never been able ti find any info on it anywhere, I don't even know if its 2 ohm stable, and there is no balance or fader options on the amp itself. I have done everything fader/balance wise on the hu directly so I'm kinda at a loss haha

You know, I really like them. I know they aren't the cleanest sounding speakers ever, but they handle power very efficiently and even off the hu alone they sound great. I have had them in there for over a year now and they still sound just as good as new, whereas I have gone through 2 sets of clarions and other speakers on the exact same power in half the time lol.

And just to clarify, this amp is an old hand me down. I have never been able ti find any info on it anywhere, I don't even know if its 2 ohm stable, and there is no balance or fader options on the amp itself. I have done everything fader/balance wise on the hu directly so I'm kinda at a loss haha

that's cool, I just wanted something that was going to be better then the blown stock drivers I have now, Plus I have a ZX350.4 i'm going to drive them with.

Idk being as older as it is, if it's going to be able to handle 2ohm on each channal, I tried looking up something on it too and all I could find is Nissan Frontiers and some hikers MP3 players and reciever modules.You try it, if your not too worried about heating it up. or you could get another one and keep that one for a collector idem lol.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Haha that's about all I could find on it too, even with the model number entered in google, its like the damn thing doesn't exist. I can't afford a new amp, although I would love to take that zx amp off ur hands if u don't have speakers for it haha jk. I just don't want to blow those ks speakers because if I do I'm sol, I don't have funds to buy new speakers if they get harmed from trying this and my stock speakers are blown.

If I try this and it doesn't work, is the only thing at risk going to be my amp? Or could the speakers just blow and I would be left with nothing?

I think the amp will just not play, or play and get really hot, but I believe if you observe closely, you can call wheather or not it's going to work,

I find that when I'm out buying groceries or just paying bills in cash, i stash all my change and any left over dollars bills I find/have in my wallet and before I know it, I've saved up like 40 bucks. keeps doing it and you'll have another four channal amp in no time.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

I think the amp will just not play, or play and get really hot, but I believe if you observe closely, you can call wheather or not it's going to work,

I find that when I'm out buying groceries or just paying bills in cash, i stash all my change and any left over dollars bills I find/have in my wallet and before I know it, I've saved up like 40 bucks. keeps doing it and you'll have another four channal amp in no time.

Haha that's the same thing I do, just ordered some damplifier because oof it. Its the only moneey that my better half has no say on what its spent on haha...but a decent amp would be at least 150 bucks = many months of change saving

I think I will probably try hooking it all up as a little weekend project this week and jjust see how it plays out. I have never had to run wires to door speakers before so if nothing else it will be a learning experience, right? Haha

Archived