Sonic Electronix

why is 2 type r louder than 2 obsidian.

well..... You both have: Different cars

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

And more than likely....Different wires.....

The Type R isn't a terrible sub, they can get pretty loud in the right set up (Which goes for alot of drivers)

The best way to really see whos is louder would be to use one of the two set ups and test both pairs of drivers in the same box, same car, etc

Then put it on a mic (If you can find one)

I would guess that the amount of cabin space is what sets you two apart the most. But that is just my opinion...

Everything is just a GIMIC

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Alpine CDA-9885

Rockford Fosgate Power t600.4

Pioneer 3-ways

Skar 1500.1

(2) Skar vvx 12"

which way are your subs pointing in your trunk?

Yes my subs and port are facing the trunk which is supposedly louder with my car. Tomorrow I might swap it towards the seats and maybe seal it off since I have this.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg567/foxzachracing/IMAG1291.jpg

I have a side port so there would be 5" between the port and the seat and then it is always open like this also.

Think it would be louder?

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

And you are really judging performance by distance you can hear the song?

No I'm not judging performance. I believe if I was tuned higher around 36hz you could hear it from farther away.

Come to think of it my box is actually tuned around 31.5hz

It kills the lows down to around 29-30hz but isn't loud from outside

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

ive seen sony explodes in a tiburon and it was pretty loud but was shit on lows............hatchback type cars IMO just get louder with a similiar systems

I wish I had a hatch back, they get loud so easy its not even funny

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/145346-alpine-type-r-10s-and-dd-2510s-on-tl-in-the-good-old-benz/

i did 144 with 2 type r 10s in a box that hits all the notes not prefab ahha. follow that and you can be louder than your buddy from 5 blocks away ahah

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

The Type R isn't a terrible sub, they can get pretty loud in the right set up (Which goes for alot of drivers)

The best way to really see whos is louder would be to use one of the two set ups and test both pairs of drivers in the same box, same car, etc

I would guess that the amount of cabin space is what sets you two apart the most. But that is just my opinion...

I have much better wire and my voltage is probaly better cause I have a big agm as a second batt

Look, just make him play at his "full tilt" for about 10 minutes. His amp will just give up and his bass will fade in and out. I say this because i bet he is clipping the shit out of that kenwood "1800" and i know for a fact if you clip them they get hot fast and then they just lay down. Look at my sig...

(Don;t get me wrong, if you keep them clean they will play loud all day long, mine is wired at 1ohm on two sa-12's it's loud clean and beats the livin shit out of my car, never gets hot and never fades. But i have cooling fans and a dd-1)

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

I have much better wire and my voltage is probaly better cause I have a big agm as a second batt

Sweet. Any deadener in trunk??

Everything is just a GIMIC

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Alpine CDA-9885

Rockford Fosgate Power t600.4

Pioneer 3-ways

Skar 1500.1

(2) Skar vvx 12"

Prefab, Higher tuning, and he probably had his gain maxed the fuck out considering he went to best buy for his install.

But there's too many variables to consider, especially since they were on different amps in different boxes in different cars.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

so?

his box is different. his woofers are different. his car is different. there are a TON of factors that you dont even know about.

Archived