Sundown Audio

How many amps a 3500 watt amp draws?

TylerParrish

And thanks for the vid, I've seen it a few times now, but its always useful information to keep up on! Plus i like to learn....about car audio

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

without reading any of this (so if im saying something already said/mentioned etc dont mind me)

i run my dc 3.5k @ 2ohms right now (stock alt) with two xs d2400s and im clamping a little less then 1200 out of it rising to 5.5ohms...only droping to 12.4 (iirc)

now, when i had it in my jeep, i had a 270amp alt, same batts, same amp, i was pulling about 4k out of it rising to about 1.2ohms roughly (idr exactly) with the amp wired so low i was droping to low 12s to high 11's

never had any problems at all

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

without reading any of this (so if im saying something already said/mentioned etc dont mind me)

i run my dc 3.5k @ 2ohms right now (stock alt) with two xs d2400s and im clamping a little less then 1200 out of it rising to 5.5ohms...only droping to 12.4 (iirc)

now, when i had it in my jeep, i had a 270amp alt, same batts, same amp, i was pulling about 4k out of it rising to about 1.2ohms roughly (idr exactly) with the amp wired so low i was droping to low 12s to high 11's

never had any problems at all

What was it wired to in your jeep? 0.5 ohm, 1 ohm? And that sounds like some maddd voltage drop, I've seen people stay around mid 13's with smaller alts and less batts.....makes me wonder....is every vehicle different when it comes to the electrical?

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

im gonna be that other guy.

loud and power hungry stereos dont go hand and hand with light. if you gonna be using a 3500 watt amp i will only assume a good 300+ pounds between subs and box. sorry but your only gonna gain weight in the audio world not lose weight.

Oh really? I run a 3500 on a single 12. Birch box 30lbs, sub 50lbs. Only one extra battery and a 270amp alt.

meant to say 200 plyus pounss and that is with 2 12"s

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived