Sundown Audio

I have just recently received my new sa8 v2 but I'm stumped on how to build my box.. I have built t-line boxes before but i'm kinda hurting for space now... I have a bmw 328 i which i'm trying to seal off from the trunk but aim through the ski hole but not make it obviouse if that makes sense... and i have a baby on the way, so i'm wanting to build a box that will out perform anything that i've had but yet still need space for a stroller (groceries i can load in the back seat) lol I usually only deal with JLaudio, i had 2 JLW7 8''s but i had to sell them to pay for a heavy foot. :-/ soooo. after watching tons of video's on the SA's i figured i should venture out and try somthing new. can somebody please help me with a design or help with some suggestions .

Make a ported until you find what's best for your application. You've made T-lines so this should be a piece of cake.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

well, i made a botched attempt at a box for my car.. but it was a huge flop.. lol i had great luck at boxes in an open cab, but now that i'm trying to build one for my "trunk application" i'm finding it more difficult. a royal Pain in my rear.. of course wife and daughter trying to help me along with the heat and all this great texas weather.... i'm trying to rid myself of any trunk rattle.. and since bmw did such a great job of sealing the trunk i'm trying to aim everything through the ski hole... the box sounds great when at low volumes but when turned up, its like it just cancelled itself out.. so i think i built it wayyyy to big.. lol... i built the box.. 13 x 9 x 36 sub and port right beside each other.. i have a picture but my computer is not working with me either...

Edited by James365

whats the box tuned to? and by those measurements that box seems huge

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

• 2 months later...

Yes that is fine

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

• 2 weeks later...

For 2 SA v2 8's I've had pretty good luck on a box about 1.85 cubic ft after all displacement.. Tuning being around 33 or so. So I would imagine half that for 1? I'm about to do 4 in a charger so I guess we'll see how that goes.

2010 Dodge Charger

-Team Skar Audio

-Team XS Power

-Team HiMarc Automotive and Kustoms

-A&G Graphics