Jump to content

Speaker Installation Question


budah93

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've never properly installed speakers before some i'm going back and redoing all 4 of mine. i'm buying these baffles. I just screw those to the door and then the speakers to the baffles right?

Posted

or do I buy something like this. I'm running rockford R1652-S 6.5 components on an alpine power pack. Couldnt beat the price and they sound fantastic. But i just used the factory baffles and then are jimmy rigged into them because the screw holes didn't line up

Posted

What are you trying to do with it?

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol
Posted

what do you mean? I'm re installing the speakers because the factory baffles are crap so should i but the rings and screw the speakers into them or buy the actual baffles. I've seen it done both ways was just trying to get some input or opinions

Posted

The second thing you linked to isn't a mounting solution. It's just accepts those size speakers in it to give it a better sound. The plastic rings are what you need to mount different sizes then stock. Unless you want to make your own.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol
Posted

I'm mounting the same size as stock. but the screw holes don't line up and factory mounting baffles are terrible. So your saying I should just stick with the rings?

Posted

Don't line up? Make new ones then.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol
Posted

Make new holes.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 835 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...