Second Skin Audio

Hatch back and subs up port side?

Jessica

I'll post a pic here of what the hatch in my car is like, this pic is not my car but it's the only image i could find f the hatch area on a 87 accord.

I want to put the sub box all the way back in the hatch area with the subs pointing up, but i want to try ports to each side. In the pic you will see there is a decent pocket of space for the port to breath.

Do you think it's a viable option?

and yes, I have heard most of you say subs up / port back or subs back / port back.

Subs back/port back works best for me so far and It seems in my experience in this car, the further back the subs are in the car the smoother my response curve is. The closer to the seats i get the more it peaks around 55hz super bad.

But subs up is a lot louder than subs back..

So here is a pic

images.jpg

port up

Nope, Wont work. Peaks at about 55hz and drops off bad on both side like that. I would need serious serious mid bass to compensate. I may get away with subs up but i have to go port back or to the side. The car just peaks around that freq anyway but it's not nearly as noticeable with the subs back. It either that or wall and invest in two more 12's and another skar 1500.1 which is not in the budget.

Archived