SMD VM-1 VS. Brand X digital volt meter (video)

One thing that always is true about car audio. You get what you pay for. 10$ for a reading every second, which missed that 11.5 drop. Or pay the higher price and watch every thousandth of a second, not missing that drop.

yeah, this an a vu-din are now on my list, the bottom of my list, but are definately on thereee! Keep up the good work D'Amore

x2

i don't know how much those brand X meters cost these days but i am pretty sure its not $10. When i first started to use them, they were $59 online and $70+ at the store (msrp). I also remember paying $35 a few years down the road for yet another REPLACEMENT. I am sure "brand X" has made MILLIONS of these, so if that happens to us, i can surely bring the price down a few bucks (on our product) We make them by the hundreds at this time and the first run is always more then 5 years from now with a lot of sales.

i will try to keep it reasonable as possible. Bottom line, 5 years from now, our product will still be giving great service. I can't get 2 weeks out of "brand X". I only had one last a year....a miracle......but it too, eventually died.

fuck brand X's meter. Those motherfuckers owe me money. I had faith in that brand due to it being a big name, so i bought at least 5 more after i was having issues......because i figured it was just a fluke. Electronics WILL go bad sometimes. But this one is just junk. This is why we really wanted to make our own, because i was tired of buying JUNK.

My bad, I saw a VM on sonic for around 20$ so I exaggerated the price down a bit to point out its worth the money for a quality product. But dang $70! I figured it'd be around $100ish

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.