Johny B Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 Hey guys I am about to order 2 crescendo ft1 super tweets and 4 6.5 crescendo pro mids. They are all gonna be my new front stage. 1 Tweeter and 2 6.5s in each door. Gonna buy either a mb quart onyx 4.80 or 4.125. Want to run these active. Now my question is if I can run all these in one amp and if so how would you wire it and what ohm to get on the speakers. Thanks guys 06 Chrysler 300 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Hertz Hsk 130.4 Alpine mrp-F600 2 Dc level 4 12s Dc 2k Viper 5901 SHCA wiring KnuKonceptz RCA's SecondSkin/Fatmat Big 3-stock alt
Johny B Posted September 14, 2012 Author Report Posted September 14, 2012 Anyone? 06 Chrysler 300 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Hertz Hsk 130.4 Alpine mrp-F600 2 Dc level 4 12s Dc 2k Viper 5901 SHCA wiring KnuKonceptz RCA's SecondSkin/Fatmat Big 3-stock alt
rockFord_Expedition Posted September 14, 2012 Report Posted September 14, 2012 Specs on everything? Ie impedance of speakers, output of amp at different ohm loads.... Etc. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Johny B Posted September 14, 2012 Author Report Posted September 14, 2012 I get to choose whether the speakers will be 4ohm or 8ohm 4.125 specs 4 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan. 2 ohms: 250 watts x 4 chan. 4.80 specs 4 ohms: 80 watts x 4 chan. 2 ohms: 160 watts x 4 chan. 06 Chrysler 300 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Hertz Hsk 130.4 Alpine mrp-F600 2 Dc level 4 12s Dc 2k Viper 5901 SHCA wiring KnuKonceptz RCA's SecondSkin/Fatmat Big 3-stock alt
rockFord_Expedition Posted September 14, 2012 Report Posted September 14, 2012 So split your front signal coming from your hu to the front and rear input of the amp. Run one tweeter per channel on the front stage and two 6.5's per channel on the rear stage. I would go with 4 ohm tweeters and will they handle 125 RMS each? and for the 6.5's if you go with 8 ohm and will be happy w about 60w each, then you can go with the 4.125 but the amp/speaker selection should ultimately be an educated decision you make to fit your tastes. There's several configurations that will "work" Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Johny B Posted September 14, 2012 Author Report Posted September 14, 2012 I was thinking of running the front Tweeters, one on each channel keeping the gain down. And two 6.5s in one channel like you mentioned. I've read that the pro mids only need about 80w rms to scream 06 Chrysler 300 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Hertz Hsk 130.4 Alpine mrp-F600 2 Dc level 4 12s Dc 2k Viper 5901 SHCA wiring KnuKonceptz RCA's SecondSkin/Fatmat Big 3-stock alt
CleanSierra Posted September 14, 2012 Report Posted September 14, 2012 What's the highest crossover in that amp? I think the Crescendos need to be crossed at like 3.5 or 4k. I don't think the amp will let you cross that high. You may get some harsh sounds(especially since they're a Pro audio) speaker, if you choose to let all frequencies pass on that supertweet. The mids are a piece of cake to run active, but the highs, not so much. I would consult someone like twistedchild or oldsboomer and see what they think. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Johny B Posted September 15, 2012 Author Report Posted September 15, 2012 Thanks. I'll email him now 06 Chrysler 300 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Hertz Hsk 130.4 Alpine mrp-F600 2 Dc level 4 12s Dc 2k Viper 5901 SHCA wiring KnuKonceptz RCA's SecondSkin/Fatmat Big 3-stock alt
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.