Alright, so I'm first off hoping this is the right section, as it doesn't truly fit in a section I can find. Seems like it could fit here or in electrical.

I do have 2 kinetik batts, one up front and one in the rear. Pure stock electrical as in stock alt, stock wiring, no big 3. (alt and big 3 are on my to-do list). Recently (past 2-3 weeks), when I use my remote start (purely just remote start, no security system involved in it) all my lights should flash and they have been for 2+ years. Recently, they stopped. Like I'll hit the unlock and my right tail light will flash and that's it. I know it's not my headlights going out or tail lights going out or even a fuse, as when the car is on, they work perfectly. I've blown the fuse for headlights before due to a crappy fuse holder and flickering lights were the outcome. Replaced the fuse holder and fuse and that fixed that. If it was a loose connection, I'm thinking that my lights would flicker as I drive and hit bumps. Only problem with it is the fact that sometimes, it works perfectly. I hit unlock and all my lights flash as they should. I have no problems as far as unlocking or unlocking, or with remote starting the car. That's fully functional. It's just the lights...

So what I'm thinking is that the remote start is either going bad, or it's not fully connected to the lights anymore and that there's a loose connection for the remote start. I'm not sure of the model but it is a Python. I've googled and can only find the remote... a python 488p. I know that offers no help, considering just a remote and can be used for most of their systems. And only other information that I think you may need is a 2010 mitsu lancer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sheena = pedobear

A loose wire on a relay maybe? They had to wire into the headlights somewhere, maybe a wire tap came loose. Doesn't sound like any of the OEM wiring is bad. Maybe other people have more/better ideas.

A loose wire on a relay maybe? They had to wire into the headlights somewhere, maybe a wire tap came loose. Doesn't sound like any of the OEM wiring is bad. Maybe other people have more/better ideas.

That's what I'm thinking. I know once before I had problems with my remote start working period, so took it to a shop (I ain't messing with a remote start, one of the hardest parts of a car or so I hear) and they said it was like a nest. Wires everywhere so they fixed it and it's worked fine since up until around 2-3 weeks ago. So figured I'd try taking it in this weekend and have them fix it again, this time for free since they offer "lifetime warranty" on their wiring and crap. Just was trying to get a heads up on what it is or could be before I take it in. So that's you and me that thinks it's a loose wire to do with the remote start integration.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived