Sundown Audio

sa 8 spl box? suggestions?

Well im toying with the idea of getting an sa8.. chevyboyz recone thread got me thinking ive ALWAYS wanted to recone a woofer too and everytime its either a cheap sub or there isnt any kits in stock etc..

so if i could pick up a sa 8 newer the version better obvi, recone it which would be awesome.. from the yardsale

what are rec boxes for 8s? like .5 cubes net? what if im burping em on like 1500w Lol like .3cu net and how much port..

im just bored lately with car audio and looking into doing something new

maybe ill sell my NS grab an 8 for the time being whilst i wait for the new x or ns v3 to come out..

thx btw

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

lol. Before I built my box for my SA's, I put two in like a .5cf ported box. Thats like .25cf per sub. Sounded like shit. why? cause the design of the sub is Fs at low 40hz. Box tuning was like at 90hz. Couldnt handle hardly any power before they started flopping and popping. You wanna build a box that works with the woofer, and port tuned (if you want ported) properly. The smallest a v.2 should be in is a .5cf, and the largest is .75. You could go larger, and the box tuning will be deeper, but you may not get a needed spike in the low end, just a smooth deep rolloff with no punch.

If you're board of stereo stuff, speaker repair should be fun. I've done a few in the past years ago, not lately, too impatient. But if you get real good at it, there is a job for you anywhere! There aint enough good speaker repair people anymore

• 2 weeks later...