well shit, everyone's got their opinions and i'm not out to get the best of the best of the best for everything i do. All i know is i will never use dynamat no matter how good of a product they have, but i would consider using roadkill if i can find a decent price, hell, i may buy a little roadkill and a little second skin and do my own comparison tests since i like doing all my own research, but everyone's opinion is appreciated.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I used spectrum all in the rear of my hatch before I walled off my car. Laid some Pro down on the area where the port would load off of and sprayed the rest with spectrum. Absolutely love the stuff. Dramatically reduced vibrations and rattles. Just my .02

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

Nate, that is a very respectable assessment of the products and I have noticed similar results and characteristics from the above mentioned products.

Product failure in this day and age really shouldn't happen, regardless as to installation method. One company even told a customer they didn't "roll it on hard enough..." and that is why it failed.

Price wise, I see your point. Though prices fluctuate here and there and quite often you can find most any brand of product on sale for around $100-$120 for 30-40 sq. ft..

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Nate, that is a very respectable assessment of the products and I have noticed similar results and characteristics from the above mentioned products.

Product failure in this day and age really shouldn't happen, regardless as to installation method. One company even told a customer they didn't "roll it on hard enough..." and that is why it failed.

Price wise, I see your point. Though prices fluctuate here and there and quite often you can find most any brand of product on sale for around $100-$120 for 30-40 sq. ft..

i wish i didnt just order a expert pack of stinger roadkill id talk to you about some damp pro

i love the "truth" you could say behind your product and how you hide nothing from the customer like others i know

the price is based on quality products and i understand that and didnt mean to "slander" secondskin in any way or mean to falsely advertise a product over yours

if i was going all out and wanted the best of the best id definitely contact you guys you make one hell of a product!

i just chose to rep roadkill because is pocket friendly and gets damn near the same results as other top of the line products

and can be had a little cheaper than most because of the constant price battle with competitive companies such as sonic electronics and other sellers

shit i seen a expert pack of roadkill sell for $8x dollars shipped on ebay a week or so ago

but id rather trust sonic with my money they havent failed me yet :D

if i have any spots left after my 50ish feet of stinger roadkill ill shoot you guys a email :P

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Oh no you didn't slander SS at all. I re-read your post and you clearly state "...didnt stink/peel off/melt off like some of the brands i listed...", so it's all good. Sometimes reading + me = FAIL. :)

I think we are all budget cautious and there are a hell of a lot of different brands/products out there these days from as little as $1 sq. ft. to almost $10, so it can be difficult for a lot of people to sort through all of the data. Between comparing thickness of materials, weight (for some people at least), price, what it's made of and other factors... it can be extremely frustrating. So it's nice to see someone like yourself who has gone through a gamut of products provide their feedback on everything.

Then add in the liquid products where coverage is based on product thickness... ugh talk about a headache!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Archived