Sundown Audio

Bass Knob And Box Question

reinke

i have a hifonics txi-6006. the bass knob gives its boost at 45htz. i am running some fusion encounter series 12's for right now. in the next few monthes i will either have some type r's or the RF P3's. i want to know that since my bass knob's boost is at 45 htz should i tune my box for the freq? 95% of the time it will be used for all kinds of music anything from chicago to michael jackson to jeezy. so i nned it to sound good on music, but i also want to bass race in the 130 class when i upgrade the subs.

----reference's----

meade916

well some people dont even use them period, but if you want to, its not neccessary to tune the enclosure's frequency to 45hz. Out of the choices you've given, type r's will be the loudest and probably sound the best. If you play that wide of a variety of music i would suggest tuning lower, 32-40hz maybe, it will sound better but you jeapordize a little spl then if you tuned to 40hz and ^.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

well some people dont even use them period, but if you want to, its not neccessary to tune the enclosure's frequency to 45hz. Out of the choices you've given, type r's will be the loudest and probably sound the best. If you play that wide of a variety of music i would suggest tuning lower, 32-40hz maybe, it will sound better but you jeapordize a little spl then if you tuned to 40hz and ^.

thanks man. i have been trying to decide if i want to keep the fusions, or actually switch subs. i am just nervous about ported boxes, i have heard alot of them and on some songs that normally pound in a sealed box they dont hit at all in a ported one. this is going in my wifes car until i get my own so for now it has to play music great and then bass race.

----reference's----

meade916

Archived