Opinions on Singer alts

Since I've been window shopping for alts, and planning on saving for one, for my future plans, and being one of the 2 alt companies that can make an alt for my Volvo, Mike Singer offered me a direct bolt in 260 amp alt with an overdrive pulley for higher idle output for $520($560 with paint), and being a noob on alts, I don't know if it's a good deal or not, but being my only option without any modifications on my bracket(again, alt noob), that's what I have my eyes set on at the moment.

So basically ,I'd like to know what your experiences are with Singer.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i had a 275a powder coated black for my jimmy

i loved it

never really got to see what it could really do but with 100a draw from my temp system it never dropped below 13.6-13.7 ( my stinger volt meter could be off due the fact i used a $30 dmm)

but then again i had 4 xs power batts lol

the only thing i didnt like to be honest was his paint skills lol

maybe it was just my alt but i had 2 spots on the case that where pretty heavy

(im a painter in training at a company that makes paint booths for auto body shops and what not and if i did that on a customer product i would have to redo it lol)

but performance wise my favorite alternator company!

as for the price he usually can do it cheaper than anyone else..... what kind of car do you have?

520 seems like alot for a 250a

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

1998 Volvo S70 2.4L Non-Turbo

talk with DC i think they can make a alt for ANY car (there customer service isnt the greatest but there products are top notch)

but its around 500 too i think

have you talked to

mechman? (great customer service)

excessive amperage? ( overpriced a very common alternator so i doubt you get a decent quote from them)

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

Mechman, DC Power, and Tenny didn't bother.(not talking trash about them, I know they are great companies, they just didn't have anything for me)

Excessive offered me a 300 amp alt for $495 but I have to modify my bracket, which would probably cost me money to have made, and installed, and whatnot. For direct bolt on was only 200 amps for $370.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I bought a 300amp singer(black powder coated/ overdrive pulley etc etc)for my jeep zj, from a member on this board and i could not be happier with it. It came with a bypass that i remote mounted on the firewall. I keep the bypass @ 14.8 and i have not experienced any drop so far. Keep in mind the only amps i have is a bc2000d @4ohms(700w) powering two pos L5's & a mbquart onyx 4.125 for the mids and highs atm. I'm curious to see how it will put out when i get my lvl4 18's & add a second 2000d @ 1ohm along with a cpl xs3100's :popcorn:

Mike is great with customer service and he honors the lifetime warranty on labor and return shipping even though i bought it from a second party....

EDIT: Agree with nate on the paint job. I too am an industrial painter by trade and the finish was a bit "lacking". For powder coat it should have been a lot more consistent.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

forgot to add with mike singer he has the best warranty and customer service

i email him at 2am he gets back to me first thing in the morning (kinda werid that i ask questions at 2am but i get off work around then)

what are you going to be running that you would want more than a 200a?

or are you just future-proofing your electrical?

talk with DC i think they can make a alt for ANY car

Wouldn't make one for my car, nobody would actually. Singer was only person that offered it.

But to OP, I have searched a lot about his alternators on many different forums, and I haven't been able to find anything negative. And I have exchanged many emails with him and he is very prompt with getting back to them, so that is already a plus in my book for the custom service. Only thing I see is the steep price, guess that is because it's a Volvo :pardon:

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I mean, I don't mind the $520, it would just take me longer to save up, but I wanna make sure his quality is worth it, so I wanna hear from you guys, even though I did talk to him, and he was very kind about helping me out, and he took his time to research any possible upgrades for my car.

I wanna future proof my car cause I'm planning on running an AQ 2200.1, but what if I wanna step up to an AQ 3500.1, that's why I want to future proof it.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

forgot to add with mike singer he has the best warranty and customer service

i email him at 2am he gets back to me first thing in the morning (kinda werid that i ask questions at 2am but i get off work around then)

what are you going to be running that you would want more than a 200a?

or are you just future-proofing your electrical?

He is damn good on the emails. I talked to him all satuday and most of sunday through gmail.I was actually expecting him to tell me to f-off lol. I told him how much i appreciated all of the help and he said he will always prioritize comms over anything. Nice guy :)

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

Archived