97' Jeep ZJ- DC lvl3 18, Crescendo, XS, Singer, Door Pods & A-pillars finished-pg2

This build will be gradual so bear with me :D

torresbox.jpg

The Sub is a DC lvl3 18 with lvl4 upgrade, powered by a BC2000d @ 1 ohm. I have a 300amp Singer that i got from a member here, as well as an optima 34/78. I also have an
XS D1200 en-route.

I started by building the port. .375 roundover on all port edges. I should have waited to route the front of the port until the box was complete though. i Had to fill in the corners
with bondo and go over them with the router a few times to get them perfect. If i would have thought about it before i started, i could have saved myself a lot of time.

A also completely forgot to subtract the volume of the port bracing from the total port area...

You live and you learn, right? :)

Working on said port bracing. Used the C-clamp to keep the ends of the smaller pieces of mdf bracing from splitting. I like to drill pilot holes on the small side...

dsc03822i.jpg
dsc03821gw.jpg

Working on said port bracing. Used the C-clamp to keep the ends of the smaller pieces of mdf bracing from splitting. I like to drill pilot holes on the small side...
dsc03823u.jpg
dsc03824lv.jpg

dsc03825ab.jpg
dsc03826c.jpg

dsc03832m.jpg
dsc03838up.jpg
dsc03837hx.jpg
dsc03833j.jpg
dsc03834ve.jpg
dsc03848y.jpg
dsc03847h.jpg

dsc03843f.jpg
dsc03842x.jpg
dsc03851sk.jpg

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using a C-clamp to press in some T-nuts. They will be used to mount amps etc later.

dsc03856o.jpg

dsc03859r.jpg

dsc03861z.jpg

I screwed both baffles together, then drilled the hole for the center pin. This way i know for a fact both baffles will match after i cut the holes for the sub.

dsc03854mt.jpg

dsc03855j.jpg

Screwing Down the baffles.

dsc03862v.jpg

dsc03864pr.jpg

dsc03866c.jpg

After i got done with all of the woodwork, i slapped another heavy coat of bondo over the screw holes and belt sanded the entire box. After sanding, i went over

the endges with a .375 roundover bit in my router. The bottom edges just got a quick bevel with a palm sander.

dsc03869j.jpg

dsc03867vd.jpg

dsc03872v.jpg

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......

After many coats of primer, more bondo, spot putty and a few more hours of sanding...

dsc03875c.jpg

I ended up using Duplicolor Bed liner on the box. I spent a lot of time reading through forums trying to figure out which brand i wanted to use. The general consensus seemed to be they are all pretty shitty, with the exception of "Line X". I went with the Duplicolor and it came out great. I gave it 3 coats and misted it the next day.

The pics make it look kind of grey but it's really a nice satin black. It's a very hard rubber and dust comes off really easy. Just blow it off. Seems

like it will be somewhat durable as well. I scratched a few inconspicuous areas and its hard to scratch. I would assume the thick base layer of primer

has a role to play in that...

dsc03879p.jpg

dsc03878li.jpg

dsc03877v.jpg

dsc03876b.jpg

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

Drilling holes for lead wires. Hit a damn screw on the bottom right so i had to ream it out a bit. :(

dsc03893p.jpg

8gauge, tin coated Kicker ofc, soldered.

dsc03927oc.jpg

Getting ready to bolt the sub down. I used 10-32tpi T-nuts and stainless socket cap screws.

dsc03932ad.jpg
dsc03924r.jpg

dsc03929e.jpg
dsc03931zl.jpg

The amp will be mounted on this panel, which will then be bolted to the box via T-nuts i pressed into the rear wall of the enclosure. The T-nuts on the panel
itself , are for mounting the amp.

dsc03898n.jpg

The Panel was then primed, sanded & carpeted with some grey i had lying around.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

Thanks man :)

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

Thanks , CC. :drink40:

The hatch is dancing i bit more than it used to , that's for sure. My last enclosure was sub up, port up. I built that before i started lurking at SMD lol. Port back made a huge difference, and like you said , it's getting noisy. I don't have any deadener yet but that's coming as soon as i can afford it.

I got rid of the hatch window button to install a backup cam and i'm going to get rid of the rear wiper as well. Then i figure ill fill the whole hatch with foam.

I kept hearing people say to tune in mid /low 30's , and then you get a few here and there that say they could still play a wide range, even tuned mid 20's. I wasn't really concerned about higher notes so i knew i wanted to tune low. CJ said he wouldn't play any lower than 5hz below tuning so i figured 27-28 would be perfect. Turns out this box plays anything ill ever need it to.

Annnnnnd....I'm not even finished with this and i'm ready to build a wall. The sickness has begun..... lol :morepower1:

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

Great work on the box. I had a 96 ZJ and they a solid rides. I like how you did tinted the tail lights, leaving the reverse lens clear sets it off a bit, did the same on my car just not as dark

Thanks man, i appreciate the compliments.

At first I wasn't sure if i would like the tail lights like that or not but, i'm really glad i didn't spray the reverse lenses. Nice to somewhat see where i'm going when backing up. They weren't very bright to begin with.

I love the jeep but the gas mileage sucks. :)

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

Archived