Second Skin Audio

Second Skin Wrangler Kit Help

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index.php/products/vibration-dampers-cld/jeep-wrangler-package-detail

Is that more for road noise and heat or would it work for some serious audio equipment? Or would I be better off using straight damplifier pro?

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

Correct, the kit was designed to provide Wrangler owners the best and most economical solution for a super fast and easy way to combat heat and noise. This is accomplished by using five gallons of Spectrum all over the place (tub, firewall, wheel wells, etc.) and five sheets (45 sq. ft.) of Luxury Liner Pro in the interior to block the noise (typically from road and/or larger mud tires and what have you).

From a mobile audio standpoint, it'll work, but better results can be had by using a Bulk or Shop Pack of Damp Pro in combination with some OverKill (for the squeaks and rattles). And then you can step it up and throw some Luxury Liner Pro in there as well and cut down on some of the ambient noises like road, tire, exhaust, etc.

Make sense?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Correct, the kit was designed to provide Wrangler owners the best and most economical solution for a super fast and easy way to combat heat and noise. This is accomplished by using five gallons of Spectrum all over the place (tub, firewall, wheel wells, etc.) and five sheets (45 sq. ft.) of Luxury Liner Pro in the interior to block the noise (typically from road and/or larger mud tires and what have you).

From a mobile audio standpoint, it'll work, but better results can be had by using a Bulk or Shop Pack of Damp Pro in combination with some OverKill (for the squeaks and rattles). And then you can step it up and throw some Luxury Liner Pro in there as well and cut down on some of the ambient noises like road, tire, exhaust, etc.

Make sense?

So there is no carpet in the jeep right now.

Is this right:

1. Remove everything from inside (seats etc.)
  2. Clean the metal
  3. Lay down Damplifier pro
  4. Lay down Luxury Liner Pro
  5. Put everything back in

Sound right?

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

mmm idk how well LLP will work as the "carpet" what are u thinking jon?

just off the top of my head what if he goes thick on the spectrum and sprays a bed liner over it 30+ days later?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

mmm idk how well LLP will work as the "carpet" what are u thinking jon?

just off the top of my head what if he goes thick on the spectrum and sprays a bed liner over it 30+ days later?

Forgot to put "Install Carpet" in there after LLP

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

oh ok i thought u had one of those jeeps with no carpet. but yes thats the correct process

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

oh ok i thought u had one of those jeeps with no carpet. but yes thats the correct process

I ordered some

and thanks

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

Eh, LLP could function as the carpet... :)

But yeah that is the correct order of procedure (thanks Emp!).

As for the go heavy with the Spectrum (3mm would be about the thickest I would go) and then bedliner over it, hard to say. Just off the top of my head I'm thinking the results would be about on par as that as a single layer of Damp Pro (comparing that you cover/treat the same square footage), simply because Spectrum lacks the ever oh so important constraining layer which is extremely important to reduce panel resonance.

Now if we're comparing how well each product adds rigidity to the substrate to help withstand something like the forces of air pressure (and if we completely ignore how well the product reduces panel resonance)... then I might give the upper hand to Spectrum simply because once fully cured it is slightly more rigid than Damp/Damp Pro, especially if it were applied at 3mm thick.

Anyways I'm starting to ramble a bit...

Let us know how the install goes!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png