Sundown Audio

It died

HypnotizedMind 91666

Driving home, I had just taken off from light and I hit the gas a bit at a somewhat low rpm

all of a sudden my bass cuts out. (dafuq)

I check the light on the amp when I park later and

its dim and fading in and out a little;

is she dying from my shitty electrical, just a deadbeat amp or could a ground have decided to just fuugg up? or, sub wire? cant check til tomorrow afternoon

And a week earlier, I was driving to school with A/C on and when I'm 2 minutes from the parking lot, the power just dipped and it was hitting at like 60% for a minute

mrp-500.. 4awg.. 2 Parts of Big 3 lol

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

Which parts of the big 3 do you have and where is your amp grounded? Paint sanded off?

engine & battery grounds. didnt do pos. to amp

nah i didnt sand the paint either, its been over a year now since I've had this

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

its grounded to a bar im using to hold the front of the box

500 watt amp. Honestly, big 3 or not, most car's electrical should handle that.

What are you wired do? Triple check all connections - this means go out there with a wrench. Don't say they are good because they were tight/sanded/secure when you first did them. Stuff comes loose/corrodes over time. Check voltage with a multimeter too.

And where/how is your amp mounted? Does it get enough airflow to keep cool?

Archived