Second Skin Audio

Torres sheet cut out error??

Brettward

Alright guys, so I have been making multiple designs for boxes that could possibly fit in my Subi, and this one is a design for 1 15" AA Mayhem. I have looked over the Torres cut out part and the angled cutout doesnt make sense... the width is correct (if i wanted the angle between the sides and bottom) ANYWAYS take a look and tell me if this i something i am not catching or it is an error?

no offence but this made me lol

just out of curiosity how did you try adding photos?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

HAha thanks... now the Forrum noob really stands out... and I tried dropping and dragging, it worked before i posted but then afterwards it just disapeared.

ANYWAYS:

torres photo Plus Design Photo to show how the hell it got the angled demensions...

Torres.png

BOX DESIGN

Measurement.jpg

As you can see, either if i were to put the angled part between the top or bottom, the 16.35" i do not understand...

in torres im pretty sure hight, width are for square ports and the # of ports and diameter are for circle ports. so i don't think you need both. and it you know the height of the box and the angle can't you do simple trig and figure out the length?

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

ok so i got off my lazy butt and pick up a pen and my calc. if the difference between the 2 depths is 6.5" and the height is 15" then a^2+b^2 = c^2 so 15^2 + 6.5^2 = c^2

so c = about 16.3477872" or sqr root of 267.25" and that is the outer length of the back piece

edit: that's if the back piece goes from the very bottom to the very top

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Ahh yes, the only reason i put a diameter there was cuz i never took the 1 out of the number of ports. you are right about that. But yes i can just fig that out, i never did trig but, sure i can figure that out hahaha. I just wanted to know if the Angled part was an error or if it really was true.. Also wanna ask how you calculate the placement of the bracings?

Archived