Wiseracing2 Posted September 30, 2012 Report Posted September 30, 2012 I am running 8 gauge speaker wire from my amp to sub, how can I connect the wires from outside the box to the wires from the sub inside the box?? I was thinking about putting two bolts through the box and connecting them that way, but is that a fire hazard? Will the electricity through the carpet and wood of the box cause a fire? Whats another way to connect them? Thanks! -1994 Dodge Dakota -Lifted -Murdered out -Pro comp beadlock rims and General Grabber At2 tires -Rockford T1D212 -Rockford 750.1 at 910w RMS -Focal Solid 4 at 75x4 -Rockford T1 6.5 up front -Rockford Punch 5x7 in rear -Sony BT38U headunit with bluetooth,etc -Rockford 4 Gauge -Singer 250 amp alt! -Race accessory HIDS _______________________________________________ -Soon to come- D3400 Kicker 2500.1 Fi BL 12[/font]
bre2ts Posted September 30, 2012 Report Posted September 30, 2012 wood is not conductive Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
Wiseracing2 Posted September 30, 2012 Author Report Posted September 30, 2012 wood is not conductive So would my idea work? -1994 Dodge Dakota -Lifted -Murdered out -Pro comp beadlock rims and General Grabber At2 tires -Rockford T1D212 -Rockford 750.1 at 910w RMS -Focal Solid 4 at 75x4 -Rockford T1 6.5 up front -Rockford Punch 5x7 in rear -Sony BT38U headunit with bluetooth,etc -Rockford 4 Gauge -Singer 250 amp alt! -Race accessory HIDS _______________________________________________ -Soon to come- D3400 Kicker 2500.1 Fi BL 12[/font]
REVOofRustler Posted September 30, 2012 Report Posted September 30, 2012 Bolt terminals are actually really common if you look around on here. Here are the ones I put on my box. I did one set of terminals for each voice coil so I can easily rewire from the outside of the box if I ever want to. I also replaced the two inside wingnuts with regular nuts. I didn't space them out enough, and the wingnuts were able to touch each other if they were in the wrong position. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.