ford fuzion 2007 power requirments?

i intend to install alpine 6X9, 5X7's, and 6.5" components along with a 12" fi audio SSD into this car. thats about 1,830W peak power draw by the specs of all the components and about 1,300W at rms. (the fi sub lists peak and rms as 1K).

i am intending to do the big 3 and leave thing as is. my friend things he needs a cap but i do not put much faith in caps. i have a 25 farad cap that i could give him but im just not sure if it would help any or if he needs it to begin with. i was thinking of recommending a second battery in the trunk (gel cell) if he experienced dimming lights or a voltage drop and then a alternator rebuild kit for more output if he still needed more. i do not plan to install a cap however, does anyone have any opinions one way or the other? is my plan good or am i flawed in my recommendations some where?

i do not expect him to be maxing the system very often, id be surprised if he plays it at over 50% volume on a daily basis.

thanks for the input.

nothing, gutted

You listed, in your other 3 rapid fire posts, that you're wanting to use a Fosgate R600-4, a P400-2 and have yet to list the amp for subs you would like(I'd assume a Fosgate P1000-1bd). That's a lot of current draw(potentially) from a car. A second battery would be required for sure as well as the Big3 as you plan on doing.

Which amp do you plan on running for this sub, because I've found the logic of,"he won't turn it up, he's not like that" as false. If a dude has access to crazy sound at his fingertips, he's gonna try it eventually and see what it's got. I wouldn't trust a stock alternator(adding in the unknown potential sub amp) on a setup with that much current draw. Even the sub amp PLUS the R600-4 is too much to ask of stock electrical(alternator) on that specific car.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

kicker Z1000.1 is what i was thinking for the sub amp. would the rockford be better?

i have never done an install on cars before. only on truck, and my stock alternator/battery in my past 3 trucks was enough to handel a 1500.1 along with some aditional highs/mids with otu a power drop.

not sure whawt his car puts out tho.

nothing, gutted

Archived