Silverado Build, Ready to begin designing

im more concerned if I get in a wreck and someone in the back gets hurt, just covering my ass =Þ. Still going to look into how easy it would be to lift it a little and I might end up doign that still.

Hey man thats my build that was linked. I did it all myself and it really wasnt all that hard. For fiberglassing tape off the floor extremely good, i did two whole layers. Wax it with some automotive wax and then start glassing. The wax prevents the tape from sticking. My opinion on the box its going to be really hard to get those under there. ANYTHING is possible though. For me my next build would probably be 2 8's on each side and then a port out the center. I was thinkin that would work good for you, 1 8 on each side and then an external slot port out the front horizontally and then make that into a center console or something. If you need any help or advice let me know. And dont be scared to glass!! just make sure its all well vented... or you will pretty dizzy :P

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Just went out and looked, I can safely raise my seat 1/2" and use the same hardware, and all the seatbelts raise with it, so I will need to look into getting some scrap bar stock or something and give that a shot. that extra half inch would be real helpful.

Interesting, I hadnt really thought of doing the port external, Ill look into that also since that might work out nicely. And yeah its gonna be fun haha wish I could get 2 per side but def only going to get 1 so im make the best of it. and thanks for the glassing tips they wil ldef come in handy

Just went out and looked, I can safely raise my seat 1/2" and use the same hardware, and all the seatbelts raise with it, so I will need to look into getting some scrap bar stock or something and give that a shot. that extra half inch would be real helpful.

Interesting, I hadnt really thought of doing the port external, Ill look into that also since that might work out nicely. And yeah its gonna be fun haha wish I could get 2 per side but def only going to get 1 so im make the best of it. and thanks for the glassing tips they wil ldef come in handy

Hell yeah man I'm happy to help. Mix resin, then brush it onto the tape and over the wax, then lay the Matt down onto the wet resin, dip brush and 'dab' the Matt. Don't brush it cause it will make a mess, dab it. Quick up and down motions. Make sure to thoroughly wet the Matt to prevent air bubbles. Also, what Ive done in my 95 is make the front of the box taller, so the seat doesn't latch down it rests on the box. Not sure how the new ones work but that may work for you.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Instead of a top baffle, could you wrap the top in fleece then build up with mat and resin? Build the bottom, then the sides, front and back and then wrap the top in fleece.

its possible. Could work really good except you would have to pull the fleece really tight to prevent sagging.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived