1,400 Watts On Stock 110amp Alternator?

Installed my new sundown saz-1000d in today. Only running at 2 ohms and 600 watts right now on my current setup with the 4 gauge wiring. 100 watts extra than my old alpine amp. Can definitely tell the difference. Can't wait to redo all the wiring though and get the new sa 12 and run 1,000 watts at 1 ohm. My only complaint so far is that the blue light on the bass knob is retarded bright. I have underdash lighting in my truck and all leds but the light on that bass knob is fricken blinding me in the face haha.

• 1 month later...

Alright you guys Ive been running my new Sundown SAZ-1000D at 2 ohms for a while. Going to be running it at 1 ohms with the new setup. Just ordered a bunch of stuff including a new XS D5100R with top posts, military battery terminals, 300amp ANL fuses, SA-12D2, $120 worth of KNU Zero gauge, some 10 gauge speaker wire, and some other stuff. Basically everything to run the new SA12 at 1 ohm and do the big three with the new battery. Then when I eventually get a H/O alternator I can pretty much just drop it in and already have the upgraded wiring.

Now I just really have to come up with a design for the SA-12 that will be tuned properly with enough port area and only take up the space behind my drivers seat in my king cab. No matter what design I use I just cant get enough port are using a slot port, or aeroports. I might just try a single 4" aero port to the side and sub up at about 1.75 cubes and 34hz. The only problem is it only gives me 7 inches squared of port area.

Archived