99 explorer bagged lot of questions

Go with aluminum. 3 or 5 gal is plenty. People will say go bigger but it's harder on your compressor(s) and the smaller it is the faster it will recover.

True, It will refill faster, but if you dont have enough volume then you wont be ale to lift your vehicle more than one or so before it refills.

5 gallon or a 7 gallon for a vehicle of that size. Aluminum tanks are nicer because they are lighter, but are a bit more money.

The Street Metal 7 Gallon Steel Air tanks are on sale right now for 69.95, Normally 99.95 if your looking for that.

Steel tanks, even with a decent moisture trap, still have a tendency to rust so I advise to spend a little extra and get aluminum. It will last longer, you don't have to worry about rust particles getting in your valves, and don't have to worry about it blowing up on you a few years down the road.

ETA: It's an Explorer, you don't need that much volume to lift it like a fullsize would. 5 gal will be plenty.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

i run a 16gal tank... i can get 1 maybe 2 FULL lifts from it ( 8" bags upfront and 6" in rear for now) also had 3 compressors on it and they only ran for maybe 5min max.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

i run a 16gal tank... i can get 1 maybe 2 FULL lifts from it ( 8" bags upfront and 6" in rear for now) also had 3 compressors on it and they only ran for maybe 5min max.

I'm not trying to bounce up and down all day. just raise it up and drive and lower it when i get there. like i said previosly i just want my car to be safe and reliable. if 5 gallons will lift me up and get me going thats what i want. Thanks for all the help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived