Good ol' First Advice

Who else remembers the first advice they got from the "subwoofer expert"?

I just remembered what I got for advice on what to get for a first system and laughed.

The advice I got was somewhere along the lines of "You'll need amplifier install kit, you can find it for $15. You'll need to get a amplifier and make sure it's bridgeable, around $50. You'll also need some subs and a box and those can be around $70. All of this can be found at walmart. You should be able to get it all for around 200ish"

I wish I could find the piece of paper I wrote all that info down on lol...

So much bad advice. Walmart. All wires for 15?!. Bridgeable amplifier for subs.

I look back and can't stop laughing and smiling.

It was actually last week I saw the guy that gave me my first advice. He had an audio pipe 10 or 12 in a sealed box on a boss amplifier, and of course he wanted me to come listen to it. He said that it was a 1000w sub.lol. First thing I noticed was that it was bottoming out and clipped to hell. I simply asked him if he wanted me to tune everything for him (with the DD.1). He replied no it was already tuned. I didn't bother to look at the wiring. I just smiled and walked away.

So who else remembers their first advice on getting subwoofers? It would be awesome to read them all and get some good laughs in.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived