using the room wisely

Okay, so ill add a picture so you can work off it. Im trying to use the corner of a room to set up a nice audio/tv, im thinking about a 46" tv and i want it to be around 600mm off the ground (on its stand)

I also want a nice speaker set up. I was thinking 1 x 8" (40hz-150hz). 2 x 6.5"s(150hz to 4k). and a tweeter per side (3k up). the cross over points can be changed as i will buy a receiver that is capable of doing the crossover points i want. The tweeters will have inline.

the space im working with is cramped, As you will see below its going in a corner, on the right hand side is a door (normally stays closed but has to be able to open so i cant go past that 950mm) On the left side is a curtain, its at about 1000mm but i put 950 as i will make it symmetrical.

So im thinking of a shelf below that can hold such speakers and also have room for my DVD player, and my sky, and the receiver to power the speakers. Im thinking of porting the 8's as i wont have a sub for some time, and having the rest in separate enclosures.

throw me some ideas please :) ideally i dont want to go above the tv as i will eventually build a center channel for up there.

sketchup1.png

sketchup2.png

Thats one idea, if you think i could use different speakers, or more or less or what ever. let me know. I can set up a entire concert for 10k people but not sort out my living room :P

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Ive thought about it, but seeing as the tv will be moved around abit, getting a nice led is the easiest option and cheapest. I just want something nice audio wise

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Archived