Second Skin Audio

New box Ideas & suggestions

PUNKYOU007

I love my box but I think its time to try something different. I have had a few ideas myself but I am really undecided on any of them.

I have a 2001 Suburban running 4 AQ 18's in a 21cuft box tuned to 36Hz. I can hit low notes full tilt no problem but I am not really happy with the higher notes. Also to date my best score is a 152.something. I would like to think with my equipment I can stay musical and continue hitting the low lows but also get a higher score.

I have thought about trying only running two subs, subs up port back.

I have thought about walling it off with a traditional ported wall, subs and port firing forward.

I have thought about walling it in a bandpass design.

If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

2001 Suburban

dual 270 alts charging @ 16.8v

4 XS D1400

2 Cadence ZRS C5 (3500w @ 1ohm on 12v) not sure the 14v rating

4 AQ HDC3 copper coil

Current box is 48" wide 52" deep and 21" tall. Max width is 49", 52" depth only give my like 5-6" between the box and my doors so nothing deeper than that and the 21" is to the top of the 2nd row seating, not sure on max height.

So realistically my goals in rebuilding are to have a system that plays a wider bandwidth, get louder and it would be bad ass if I could make some room for groceries in the back

L

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

if it was walled are you talking b pillar or c pillar.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

C pillar

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Ok,so ive always wanted to do this box deisign, but i dont have any thing to throw it in. I will post pics when i get home and draw up a POS version on MSpaint. its sub up port back. would sound gnarly in a suburban! let me know if your interested

Archived