Chevy Colorado- Prerunner suspension fabrication?

Now I'm not much of a suspension guy, but a friend of mine picked up a wrecked '06 Chevy Colorado for dirt cheap. He wants to turn it into a daily driver, but still be able to drive it to Waynoka at the Little Sahara and plow through the whoops and some of the larger dunes. We've looked into long-travel kits, but the best we could find was over $3k for just A-arms.

I'll just cut to the chase, we want to build something we can drive the shit out of! He has a bunch of tube frame left over from his roll cage design, and we were wondering how hard it would be to do away with the old rear suspension, and fab up new ones on the bedcage for more travel? Between my buddy and I, we have all the parts and tools to build a bedcage and front suspension mounts. We're not sure if it's something we want to start a build log on yet, but it's concidered if this build goes the right way!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

• 4 weeks later...

If you know what your doing and have a good Bender its real easy but your geometry and welding is the biggest part. I build mud trucks as a side job. Are you looking to go full coil over and 4 link?? If so I would honestly take the time and put in the effort to build a tube frame and get everything perfect so Yall can air it out and not worry about stuff breaking. It would be easy and quick with such a small truck

Archived