Sonic Electronix

how does soundstream stack up against the big boys like DC DD?

do they produce the amount of wattage they say they do?

and what would you guys recomend from soundstream what model, RUB, tarantula, reference, LW1, or DTR??

since there is a DTR for 600 bucks that pushes a max of 6800watts any truth behind this?? i no it may push that with the right electrical

i have a soundstream tarantula 1300.1 an it pushes my dc level 4xl pretty good. i have heard nothing but good things about soundstream, an i have nothing bad to say about them.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

I only have experience with the rubicon line and they are a nice budget amp in my opinion. I have not clamped them but volume wise they seem to do about what I would expect for a non "underrated" amp in that power range.

I have also read that the reference line is actually a very nice SQ amp for the price

Team NorthWestSPL

thats what i heard and had some people tell me to get the RUbicon because they push what they say.. but i no or well did no someone who had all tarantula in his girls car and it was pretty damn loud

either way u cant go wrong with soundstream. :)

My build

98 s10 2.2

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

A few Deka g31 batts.

A buddy of mine runs a Soundstream XXX 4000D with a 200 amp ebay alt, some shitty "1/0" and it gets pretty loud. He's currently pushing an 18" nightshade but it's a dual 1 so he's only giving it like 2,200 rms since he's wired up to 2ohm.

For your basic daily driver setup I imagine you will be very happy with either series, just go with which ever one you like the price/specs/looks of best.

X2 i agree with him completely. just comes down to what u like best in their lineup

My build

98 s10 2.2

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

A few Deka g31 batts.

yeah thats what im thinking to just wanted some input on if they do push what they say, like a rubicon 2500 for 400 bucks if it would really push 2500watts with its little 4 gauge power and ground inputs

but for me i like the design of some of their amps, cant afford DC lol nor crescendo

Archived