• 2 weeks later...

i just put the flowmaster 40 original on and it doesn't sound anything like urs audio-F...

at idle sounds like nothing special.. unless i gas it... and if the RPM is too high.. it won't pick it up either... :(

not what i expected... and crusin like 45 is really loud without no system...

• 3 weeks later...

I got 4 warnings in the past few weeks for mine.... Starting to get annoyed with it since they are 50 state legal or whatever...

I know the lower in series you go means less restriction (louder).

so a 40 series is louder then a 50 series, but a 50 series is louder then say a 60 series as example.

Also the way the baffles are set inside the muffler adds different tones, as well as your pipe size from your header/manifold and how many bends are in the exaust. Kinda like a stereo, theres so many varibles that affect sound.

Are you running a v8 Coolwazabi? I didnt expext mine to be as loud as they are, but Im gonna have to look for some high flow quiet mufflers soon. I also only have about 5 inches of pipe after my mufflers.

well.. i was thinkin maybe a high flow cat my help... but if i do that will it pass the smog test thing ?

and its a v8 4.9L

about 200 horses

but the idle sound is like nothing.. kinda sucks and the highway is like nothing.. just crusing on city streets.. and its meh.. sorta loud i guess..

a high flow cat will help a big bit I bet. Im not sure about the smog testing ( i dont have that here) but I know you can get high flow cats from jegs.com that are emissions safe for most states. Your best bet would be to contact jegs, they are always really helpful.

I forget what hp mine engine is, but I wanna say its something like 320-340hp on the 4.6 HO 32valve northstar. I forget tho.

Oh, and I also got 2 mufflers I got a y pipe about 2 feet or so after my cat that is stock.