winter weather subwoofer safety

• 2 weeks later...

Not only should you warm up your system, car, battery, cables,....but you schould never open the back seats for the trunk to warm up where you have the amp and subs. The reason for that is COLD air is mixed with HOT and inside the amp like it'll start creating moisture as in like rain drops, so it'll have water inside the amp, which is never a good thing. There's a chance of ruining your amp, and more. It's better to keep it safe, or take the amp home like some freaky people do haha. When i'll put in my system with in the next few weeks in my car if i'll have time, than i'm buying a thick blanket to put over the amp and subs for the night, or if it'll be parked for long. It's nothing majoy you may think, but it'll make a difference, sure you can make fun of me, but if it'll keep my system at least a little bit safer i'll do it. Sorry for the explonation not being so clear, but hope that you understand my point, or what i'm trying to reach out.

the seats always down so the back would warm with the whole car not like a rush of hot air

i appreciate what your saying that makes sense and i see vids of guys in texas whose subs and amps sweat bullets

dude wiped them with a towel before he played lol

Well thank you, and yes I'd have to agree with you on that one, but there are way too many dumb people that will blow it on max, and it'll sweat on the inside of the amp, which will ruin it, but for those smart like us than it's all good haha. He can only clean it with a towel on the outside, and i havent seen that one, i'll look for that video.

stumbled across it on fi's website haha

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

Archived