winter weather subwoofer safety

I live in the midwest usa and i notice that when its below 40F outside my bass sounds different.

I have a ported level 1 spl setup. Its not a bad difference i guess my window still dances but im wondering the dangers of playing my subs loud when its freezing/snowing outside.

Ive heard that you should warm up your subwoofers. usually dont play them loud until your car engine is warm.

what about cold wiring throughout the car?

sometimes here in cleveland it gets to be 10F (i still have windows down some 4 the boom)

has anyone ever done a term lab in the summer and one in the winter?

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

Mine has acted up in really cold weather. once it warms up at lower volume it sounds good. I think the spiders get stiff? Correct me if Im wrong?

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Dont take this as the WORD.... But I think its a good idea when its really cold outside to play your stuff at a moderate volume... I usually let my stuff warm up for a good 20-25 mins then gradually turn it up...

Not saying this has to be done but i look at car audio just like a car... Your car does NOT like for you to get in start the car and smash on the throtlle it likes to have some warm up time during colder weather...

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

yeah im up here in canada, and i always let my stuff warm up, woofers get stiff in the cold ( or atleast our cold up here ) .. the amps like the cold though. lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

When it's cold outside I'm too focused on warming my truck up and I forget about the music. ha. Plus my drives are never very long.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Lol I baby my car and subs. I'll tun the car on 10 mins before I leave for school on a winter morning. When I turn the car on I also turn the system on and turn it up a fourth of the way. One thing I noticed when playing in the winter is that when the sub heats up/cools off it creates condensation. I haven't had a problem yet.

You might possibly be louder because heat reduces the efficiency of the amplifier/wire/alternator. So when they are colder they would be more efficient and put out more than normal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived