Possible Spark Knock? How to Fix

Don't sea foam it.

Knock is usually inaudible unless you're reallllly listening for it or if you have really good hearing.

Check valve seats, lifters, and plugs/wires before u do anything else.

Is it missing at idle? If u can actually hear some pinging its most likely carbon, otherwise if it does it under full or partial load it's a rod or wrist pin.

I ran 87 in my Dsm a few times to see if my knock sensor was still even working (plus was going on vacation((8psi = whatever))) and it knocked like a boss and if I wouldn't have logged it the ONLY way I knew it was actually knocking was because it also pulls timing; in other words it lost a lot of power.

Just food for thought

150.1 @ 38hz142.3 @ 20hz (windows down)Only 2 batteries

I see the guys over at toyotanation.com weren't very helpful.

Since it does it on hotter days more often, and it does it under load more often, then i am going to say its safe to say its spark knock.

is your car running hotter than normal? I didn't see if you checked the MAF or not. Does your car have a distributor? if so it may be a vacuum advance issue or may just need timed.

edit

if it has a vacuum advance on it, its suppose to adjust the timing a bit under acceleration. if it is bad then it wont and you get spark knock.

Archived