No normalizing through head unit?

TRON

I was listening to some new music and my status light showed clipping at max volume. Everything was set with a DD-1 so I'm certain that's not the issue. My guess was that the new music had a higher volume level than normal and I do know that some music has different volume levels, hence why on your ipod/iphone you can turn on "Sound Check" which is basically a normalizing setting for all the music. Does it not work through the head unit via USB? Or does it just not work that well?

Most of my music is from itunes or ripped from a CD but this music was bootlegged... :ehh:

I know free downloading is illegal, there's no excuse, and the clipping serves me right.

:turkey:

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Normalizing does not block distortion. Distortion is any signal other than the original. Garbage in, garbage out.

If I produced a square wave to be played through a speaker and it plays it, it is doing its job. It reproduced what it took in. If your music is clipped or distorted in the first place, then it will be played all the same.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Normalizing does not block distortion. Distortion is any signal other than the original. Garbage in, garbage out.

If I produced a square wave to be played through a speaker and it plays it, it is doing its job. It reproduced what it took in. If your music is clipped or distorted in the first place, then it will be played all the same.

Thanks, that makes sense. So if I saw the music in spectrum view or wave form it would be show distortion?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived