Sundown Audio

2012 Frame / Cone -- First Built Woofer

Despite the damaged coil I was able to pull specs then estimate where they would rest with a fully functional coil (as I have data from the 10" model to fill in the blanks that are not size dependent) -- 12" D1 model.

Re : 1.65 series

Fs : ~25.75 Hz

Qes : ~0.296

Qms : ~4.16

Qts : ~0.276

Le : ~1.8 mH

Sd : 457 cm^2

BL : ~17.23

Mms : 329 g

Cms : 115 uM/N

Sens : ~85.01 dB

BL^2/ RE : ~180 (D1 coils are usually a hair higher than D2; but for estimation purposes I used the same as the D2 coil)

So these are estimated based on the known specs and specs from the 10" D2 -- gives us a good idea.

As I mentioned in the 10" thread I may need to add more stiffness into the surround to get the specs to lay where I want them -- realistically I'd like to see the Fs into the low to mid 30s on the stock format driver. You will note that the CMS is higher than the 10" model as the spiders and surrounds get a bit softer as their size increases; thus we have an even LOWER Q figure on a 12" than we do on a 10" model -- on the Z v.3 the surrounds compensated by also getting stiffer as size increased (the 18" Z v.3surround is very stiff) -- so I'll have to do the same on the new surrounds.

So more testing will be getting done with some surround tweaks :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg