"Tune higher and use a smaller box for more SPL oriented setup"

wellington

Hello guys.

I saw this in the description of a sa 12 d2 sub on amazon after searching why this guy wanted $200 for his 600w rms sub.

Can anyone explain how a HIGHER tuning and a smaller box would give more output?

I thought it was the exact opposite (bigger box/tuning lower for higher output)

Any feedback appreciated.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Smaller box to run more power to it. Higher tuning for higher numbers. That is basically an ideal SPL setup. Small box, run over-rated power to a sub, and tune it high as fuck.

But that's strictly for numbers, not meant for music.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Smaller box to run more power to it. Higher tuning for higher numbers. That is basically an ideal SPL setup. Small box, run over-rated power to a sub, and tune it high as fuck.

Oh. So I should stick with a bigger box/lower tuning for listening to music then, otherwise it would sound like mud/farts but hit harder?

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Oh. So I should stick with a bigger box/lower tuning for listening to music then, otherwise it would sound like mud/farts but hit harder?

Yes and no. Tuning for the SA is gonna depend on your music preferences. Generally anywhere between like 32-40 Hz. And the other box are meant just for burps, music on a burp sub would destroy the sub.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Yes and no. Tuning for the SA is gonna depend on your music preferences. Generally anywhere between like 32-40 Hz. And the other box are meant just for burps, music on a burp sub would destroy the sub.

I like the lows. jeezy, put on, white gurl, immediate death by decibels, etc, etc..

and don't you mean music on a burp box?

Build to 30-35 hz and sub specs on box size and be happy. I would almost bet that the guy on amazon was someone who doesnt know crap about enclosures..and who was repeating what a buddies friend with a pre fab fart box told him.

No if you tried to burp at way over the power rating on a box made for music the sub would probably fail from exceeding its mechanical limits.

Do you have a sa-12 or are you trying to buy one?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Build to 30-35 hz and sub specs on box size and be happy. I would almost bet that the guy on amazon was someone who doesnt know anything about enclosures..and who was repeating what a buddies friend with a pre fab fart box told him.

No if you tried to burp at way over the power rating on a box made for music the sub would probably fail from exceeding its mechanical limits.

well like I said in the original post, I was just curious as to why a guy wanted $200 for a 600w rms sub so I was searching some specs on it and was curious as to what amazon had to say.

Build to 30-35 hz and sub specs on box size and be happy. I would almost bet that the guy on amazon was someone who doesnt know anything about enclosures..and who was repeating what a buddies friend with a pre fab fart box told him.

well like I said in the original post, I was just curious as to why a guy wanted $200 for a 600w rms sub so I was searching some specs on it and was curious as to what amazon had to say.

I think i got mine for 180$. it was worth it. took over 1k all day and clipped lol. Those subs are champs and take alot for the money. If you could find one used not abused..or one needing a recone for cheap they are definitely worth it.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I think i got mine for 180$. it was worth it. took over 1k all day and clipped lol. Those subs are champs and take alot for the money. If you could find one used not abused..or one needing a recone for cheap they are definitely worth it.

Oh really? Hmm...

Also scratch that. The guy wanted $250 for the sub and box.

How would the sub do on a saz1500d v1 with stock electrical, if I made sure the voltage only dropped passed 14v for a very brief moment while monitoring the voltage closely? Basically I would only be playing it super loud while monitoring the voltage constantly.

3Ke3M33N55L15Z15F3cb4cd7aef04721f185b.jpg

Oh really? Hmm...

Also scratch that. The guy wanted $250 for the sub and box.

How would the sub do on a saz1500d v1 with stock electrical, if I made sure the voltage only dropped passed 14v for a very brief moment while monitoring the voltage closely? Basically I would only be playing it super loud while monitoring the voltage constantly.

3Ke3M33N55L15Z15F3cb4cd7aef04721f185b.jpg

IDK i ran mine at 1k and Im pretty sure it was clipping. That box looks liek the ports will whistle with the music lol. Hello port noise.

maybe get a D4 run it at 2ohm on the SAZ1500...thats enough amp for two lol

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived