Holley 750 Carbourater problems ..

Soooo I have a Holley 750 four barrel carb and I'm havin some carb problems. I took it off, rebuilt it, cleaned it, and put it back on. My dumbass messed with the jets on top of both the float bowls and probably any adjustment you can tweak. As it sits, my secondary float bowl has what I believe to be too much gas, an my primary I don't think has enough. I turn it on, and it won't idle, and you rev it and it sounds like its running FAR too lean and throws out thin white smoke. Also, the secondary air horn is absolutely spitting fuel out. What do I do or what could it be ?

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Well open up the side screws on each of the bowls, It let's you see where the gas floats. Then for each you have to move the adjustment screw on top of the bowl you're looking at. Grab the bottom piece with a wrench and move the threaded piece around until the gas floats right under the opening on the side. Repeat for rear bowl. That should get rid of your flooding issues. You can also try tapping the adjustment screws, It might have got some trash stuck in there not allowing it to float correctly.

There is a screw on the bottom right side aka the drivers side that adjusts the idle.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Yeah I've got the screw on the top of the primary float bowl almost all the way out. It's still, I feel, a litttttle too low. And the secondary is all the way down, but there's still too much fuel. What would cause fuel to just spit out ?

And I know about the idle screw. Idling isn't really

My problem. It just seems like its getting barley Any fuel at all.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

The float not stopping the gas from filling up will cause that, Also happens when trash gets into it. Also happens when you have to much fuel pressure. All of those happened to me and flooded the shit out of the carb. LOL

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Hmmm.. How can I reduce the fuel In the rear if the bolt and nut on the top of the float bowl are all the way tight ?

Unless the primary and secondary needles that

Go onto the nuts are different sizes and got mixed up?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

If I remember correctly, There should be about 3 threads showing on the threaded piece. If you can, take the carb apart again and make sure the float is closing correctly.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

I actually believe my problem is the accelerator pump. I'm getting no stream of fuel.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Well if the float adjustments are already all the way down then you have trash in the needle and seat... therefore bypassing the needle and seat and causing the rear bowl to fill until it probably runs out of the vent... and as far as adjusting the idle adjuster you need to make sure the front throttle blade isnt uncovering more than a full square if you look at it you will understand what i mean... if mor of the slot is uncovered you are effectively running on the midrange circuit vs the idle... i know about all there is to know about holleys if you need more help just pm me...

Archived