DC Sound Lab

DC XL's box help!

HI all!

Sorry for bad English :)

I want to buy two DC 15XL m2. But only if the box spec are OK. Car - sedan audi a6 c5 (1998).

Amp AQ 3500d.1 at 0.5 ohm daily. (or 0.7?)))

Box like this fit to my car. Box spec are 3"~ to the each sub. Port = 80sq.in tuning about 36 hz. And when i fold the seat I want to make an additional port, which will add another 20 centimeters? and tuning will be 31-32hz

15xl_x2.jpg

What do you think about it?

Edited by faralint

If that is net airspace, it is a bit much. For Level 4 12s, 1.5-1.75net per sub. 4.5- 5.25. 5.25 would be the max I would use unless you are really underpowering them. I would lean more towards the 4.5net total for all 3.

Thank you!

I have one aq3500 on them (0.667 ohm load), will be enough power ? and which port for 4.5net? 80sq or 65sq will be better?

And how about two 15" xl's (0.5 ohm load)? or three 12" will be better and louder in my car and this box spec?

Edited by faralint

3 12s or 2 15s is pretty much a wash when it comes to cone area. On an AQ3500, I would do the 2 XL 15s.

Thanks. Total 6.1net and port 83sq.in will be ok (last img) or the first image will be better ?

Edited by faralint