Second Skin Audio

2 10 inch W7s

regicidal

Hey guys, im looking to build a new box to fit 2 W7s. currently ones in a prefab and the others in a shitty homemade box, so im hoping to gain a little of of SQ from doing this. Now, i know my way around car audio pretty well, just not enclosures yet so bare with me a little bit. I like listening to a lot of rock, electronic music and rap, for what thats worth. Im just looking for some ideas, and specs and a little bit help with what to tune it to if i do ported, or sealed, or if i should do a bandpass style. Also can anyone help clear up the differences between say 4th, 6th, and 7th order? I might be able to understand a bit better if i knew why they were called that.. Haha. Anyways, thanks for reading this.

4th (SQ and SPL)

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/bnd/4thorder.htm

6th (SPL this bassically just moves a crap ton of air)

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/bnd/6thorder.htm

and not sure about the 7th. if anyone knows more about it if there is one, i'd love to learn more about bandpass boxes.

i did find this though.

http://forum.speakerplans.com/bandpass-designs_topic15740.html

and if im looking at the right specs of the sub, in my opinion i'd do a ported, but it's important to know how much power your planning on running these on.

as for building a bandpass box, i'd not go for it your first time around building a box. they're complicated to design and what not. plus they take up more space then a ported or sealed (cause they basically are a ported and sealed stuck together)

hope this helps!

i'd write more but im tired. haha if you want some help designing something just let me know and i could probably throw something together

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Currently the box's they're in are ported, but i get a lot of port noise from the crappy home made one (due to no specs measured at all). Its going in the trunk of an oldish buick so they have plenty of space back there, and im not afraid to use all of it. Currently they're both being pushed by a kicker DX1000.1, its a 2010 model though and wired to 1.4 ohms. (thats what it metered at) However my current electrical doesnt particularly like being ran at 1 ohm, at idle and full volume my voltage drops to around 11.4 (the amp has been turned down since i learned it was dropping that much). But im hoping in the near future ill be able to get a 1500-2000 rms amp to push them more towards the rms of the subs. I just gotta get my big 3 done and possibly a second battery. But thank you for those links! it helps quite a bit, im just trying to get the most out of these subs before they blow, being that they're jls and recones are more then some FIs i could just pick up.

Thanks again.

dude awesome! i know what i'll be doing over the next couple days

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Currently the box's they're in are ported, but i get a lot of port noise from the crappy home made one (due to no specs measured at all). Its going in the trunk of an oldish buick so they have plenty of space back there, and im not afraid to use all of it. Currently they're both being pushed by a kicker DX1000.1, its a 2010 model though and wired to 1.4 ohms. (thats what it metered at) However my current electrical doesnt particularly like being ran at 1 ohm, at idle and full volume my voltage drops to around 11.4 (the amp has been turned down since i learned it was dropping that much). But im hoping in the near future ill be able to get a 1500-2000 rms amp to push them more towards the rms of the subs. I just gotta get my big 3 done and possibly a second battery. But thank you for those links! it helps quite a bit, im just trying to get the most out of these subs before they blow, being that they're jls and recones are more then some FIs i could just pick up.

Thanks again.

sure thing!

oh also, i'd try to get them into the same enclosures as quick as possible. running them in different enclosures will make them act differently and i could be wrong but pretty sure the phase shift will be different between them and it'll just start doing funny things to your amp and what not. just a suggestion!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived