Sonic Electronix

ok well in the mini cooper, the back windows are tinted with 5%, plus will be covered completely anyways, so NO sun at ALL will be coming in the back hatch area where the amps are.

they are those MTX TA amps, they have that "xtant" cooling thing or whatever, where it sucks air in the front, and it blows out the sides or something like that. well, since its gonna be walled off, no a/c will be in the rear...i basically wanna throw a few fans in the back that come on with the headunit just to have airflow back there....and i dont mean a couple little PC fans...any ideas? something that wont draw hardly any amperage either.

1. What if you route an a/c vent back there? There are several places that you could tap in, for instance you could even eliminate one of your floor-aimed vents and route that to the back somehow? I've seen people do it with 1" pex lines- they're not much bigger than a 1/0 run.

2. In the rear of the vehicle there should be vents in the rear pillars or in the rear panels with little rubber flaps to let air out. If you removed that whole flap thing you could run a fan directly from outside sucking air in. Just a few ideas, hope they help.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

thought about the a/c thing...id love to do it, but the a/c + the system = battery killer lol

when i use my system i cant use my a/c....lol

could you explain option 2 a little better? i dont quite fully understand...i sorta do though...remove the flap and suck air in from where? lol

Edited by pimpedout97x

If you remove the interior panels from the rear of your vehicle most (I'm not familiar with your car in particular) have these big holes already cut with rubber flaps to leat air/heat escape. It's often one of the things you hear vibrating when people put subs in their trunk. If you take those out it would give you a clear shot outside, and you could hook up fans to a tube or hose bringing fresh air in. In my mustang/corolla the flaps were behind the tire-well plastic covering. In my tahoe they're right behind the plastic pieces on either rear pillar. Both are covered to not let water get in though, so they might be a pretty nice place to tap into.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

thats an idea, i have my rear interior completely gutted right now, i dont think ive noticed anything like that yet, even in the floor.

I don't know where you'd look in that vehicle, but almost every single one I've ever worked on had it. Have you checked your pillars and all in the rear?

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3