What is the difference between ex. 100hz -12 and 100hz -6? HPF/LPF

pintich

I think the term for it is the dropoff slope. Basically what it means is how much it will filter out frequencies past the set frequency. A -6 slope won't filter quite as much as a -12 slope would. Both slopes will filter out the frequencies, but the steeper slope filters it "more".

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

the -6 and -12 is the rate of the high pass filter, the higher the slope (-12 is higher then -6) means its alot sharper, Ill draw a quick sketch for you

2 secs

edit, or i could just copy this for you

Crossover slopes are the rate that the frequency will drop above or below the crossover point.

12 dB slope will drop 12 dB per octave.

From 20 Hz to 40 Hz is one octave. 40 to 80 Hz is another octave. 80 to 160 is another and so on... So basically upwards you double and downwards you cut in half.

Now,

At 12 dB, the crossover will start to reduce volume 12 dB per octave.

At 24 dB, the crossover will start to reduce volume 24 dB per octave.

Use the 12 dB slope if you want to get a gradual reduction, and still be able to hear some of the frequencies past the crossover point.

Or,

Use the 24 dB slope if you want a sharp reduction of frequencies past the crossover point.

Personally I would use the 24 dB slope because it protects the mid-bass driver from bottoming out at low frequencies.happy.gif

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Archived